Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Laserbeam's Avatar

Re: bizub C284 - Developing unit Cyan malfunction?

Thank you very much for your contributions!

@ copier tech
    I compared the values with those of this service bulletin. All values are in the normal range. All 4 drum-units were renewed in March and still have about 60% of life expectancy. The tranfer belt is overlife about 50K.

Today this problem occured again !!!!!!!!! Developer deficiency in the cyan unit. After about only 2000 copies / printouts. The display shows failure P-21, P-6, P-28 This time I renewed the transfer belt / roller, cleaned the 2 IDC sensors, run Stabilizer (Initialize + Image Stabilization) and performed Gradation Adjustment.

I think, that this issue is a result of a HV board failure and not a problem of overlife drum/developer/transfer belt units. I'm ordering a new one now.

Last edited by Laserbeam; 11-20-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeam View Post

All 4 drum-units were renewed in March.......
    This time I renewed the transfer belt / roller

I think, that this issue is a result of a HV board failure and not a problem of overlife drum/developer/transfer belt units. I'm ordering a new one now.

What do you mean by renewed? You put new OEM drum unit and ITB, or you put new compatible parts in old drum units???

You must be aware that drum itself (cylinder) is not the root cause of the developer depletion. In my experience it's the charge unit which is housed in drum unit (you can see black area on scorotron grid usually on front side)

In case of failure sparks appear on that spot and charge drum abnormally and that charge attracts developer and depletes it from developing unit.

In most cases leakage is just outside paper area and cannot be noticed until it's too late.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Laserbeam's Avatar

Yes, we only use original consumables from Konicaminolta, but you are right, REGSIS, I noticed the same thing when I looked closely at the scorotron grid of the cyan drum. The rear and the front side are contaminated with toner. After that I renewed this unit, but forgot to mention it in my last post. Sorry!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We're not talking about same thing, you've got contamination at that point because developer is depleted at that point.
    I'm talikng about some kind of "burning". Check black drum unit for burning. Cyan issue is mostly caused by black drum overlife. Is your transfer belt matted at that point? Someone smoking near the machine?

If I got you correctly with all 4 new OEM drum units and new transfer belt the issue is back?

P.S. Your feedback helps others to solve similar problem.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    bizub C284 - Developing unit Cyan malfunction?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserbeam View Post
    Thank you very much for your contributions!

@ copier tech
    I compared the values with those of this service bulletin. All values are in the normal range. All 4 drum-units were renewed in March and still have about 60% of life expectancy. The tranfer belt is overlife about 50K.

Today this problem occured again !!!!!!!!! Developer deficiency in the cyan unit. After about only 2000 copies / printouts. The display shows failure P-21, P-6, P-28 This time I renewed the transfer belt / roller, cleaned the 2 IDC sensors, run Stabilizer (Initialize + Image Stabilization) and performed Gradation Adjustment.

You say transfer belt is 50k over life, if you read the official bulletin I posted you’ll see that is sugested as one of the causes to this issue!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk