Senior Tech 250+ Posts

C220 C280 C360 dog ear, bent rear lead edge corner & paper skew RESOLVED!

See pics. We adjusted the rt. door on several machines with little lasting effect. Most of the skewed papers and dogears were from the LCT or 2nd, 3rd, 4th trays. Rarely any from tray 1. Always running 11" wide (LEF). Finally installed a small spacer made of 8 layers of scotch tape under the swinging guide in the vert. conveyance section. Might need a more permanent material, but so far, so good.
    C220 dogear spacer w_guide down.jpg
    C220 dogear spacer w_guide up.jpg

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Re: C220 C280 C360 dog ear, bent rear lead edge corner & paper skew RESOLVED!

Whenever this happens (dog-earing or skewed prints/copies), I've found it to be a build up of something on the bottom side of that guide. I just scrape or sand it off and it works fine for months until the build up occurs again. I can always feel it when running my fingers along the bottom of it.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

... yes, as found on fuser guide plates. I found no buildup on these units. Some have only about 100k total. I considered a mylar sheet but I'll re-post if this doesn't last.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Spacing between Guide M1 and inner pre-registration guide is too tight. I typically use those extra other-language control panel stickers. They're about 0.5mm which is just about right. It's a good long term solution. I've done it many times. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thank you for posting the solution. It will help me and others I'm sure.

DR

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Did you all tried to regulate the inner doors with transfer roller unit, and the main doors? i just resolved this issue tih regulating the doors. it has some marks like this |||| right where the screws are, so you can adjust the both doors.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by docdot69 View Post
    Did you all tried to regulate the inner doors with transfer roller unit, and the main doors? i just resolved this issue tih regulating the doors. it has some marks like this |||| right where the screws are, so you can adjust the both doors.
    Yes, we adjusted inner & outer hinge plates with some minor success, short term. This, so far, is THE BOMB!