No voice, movie data and OCR dictionary on my bizhub 223...

Hello everyone,

I recently installed an HDD on my Konica Minolta Bizhub 223 machine. For some unknown reason, when I completed the procedure, I have noticed an error message saying that there is no voice, movie data and OCR dictionary installed.
    I know how to install the files, only I do not have them. Is there anyone who has these files for the bizhub 223? If I a not mistaken, the same files are compatible with quite a large amount of KM models...

Thank you in advance, for any help in this matter.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: No voice, movie data and OCR dictionary on my bizhub 223...

Quote Originally Posted by victris View Post
    Hello everyone,

I recently installed an HDD on my Konica Minolta Bizhub 223 machine. For some unknown reason, when I completed the procedure, I have noticed an error message saying that there is no voice, movie data and OCR dictionary installed...
    Perhaps not exactly unknown. Since you removed the HDD, and that's where those files are stored, on the HDD ... maybe you removed them with the HDD? It seems to me that's a known reason. =^..^=

If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Perhaps not exactly unknown. Since you removed the HDD, and that's where those files are stored, on the HDD ... maybe you removed them with the HDD? It seems to me that's a known reason. =^..^=
    Hi, you are right, blackcat! However, it wasn't about removing/replacing the HDD, but about installing one for the first time on that machine. As you probably, know, the KMBH223 does not come with an HDD from the factory. So I decided to install one. The thing is, when I installed the HDD, it took over the internal 1GB SSD, which, I believe, originally held the files I am looking for at this moment. I tried to copy the SSD content over to the HDD, using the dedicated function in the engineering menu, but at that point I've got an error on screen CD011 ("the HDD does not meet the necessary specifications"). I took out the HDD and that error went away. However, another error popped up on screen: CD010 ("HDD not formatted"). Since the HDD was already out, the only thing left to be formatted was the internal SSD. So I did format it, which resulted in loosing all the non-system information that originally resided on that drive. Finally, I reinstalled the HDD, with no system errors, the machine works fine, except for the constant error message saying I no longer have animation guide movie data installed and that I should contact the administrator. I know how to install it, but I don't have the file. I will also need the OCR dictionary file, or otherwise I will get another error message on screen once the movie data file would have been installed. So here I am, looking for some help in getting these files (movie data and OCR dictionary)... Is there anyone that could help me out on this one? Thanks a lot for the feedback! Much appreciated though...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Well that makes sense. I probably would have been good to format the new drive upon installation. I don't think that you could have copied those firmware files directly to the HDD, in a way that could be used. They still would have to be loaded via the service menu.

Sorry, I do not give out firmware. I already get numerous requests for firmware which I decline. =^..^=

If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Check ur PM..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Any time you format the HDD, which you have to do upon install, you WILL lose animation guide data.