Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bizhub c253 SMB problem

Hi,
    we have 6 bizhubs in our company, and now only 2 can can to SMB. All of them have the same destination list. Our file server is on Windows server 2012r2. Credentials are ok- they work in 2 bizhubs and I can map drive with them on Windows. I can scan from machines with problems to PC with windows 7. On one machine it shows Server connection error, on second wrong user name.

Re: Bizhub c253 SMB problem

Quote Originally Posted by TomaszW View Post
    Hi,
    we have 6 bizhubs in our company, and now only 2 can can to SMB. All of them have the same destination list. Our file server is on Windows server 2012r2. Credentials are ok- they work in 2 bizhubs and I can map drive with them on Windows. I can scan from machines with problems to PC with windows 7. On one machine it shows Server connection error, on second wrong user name.
    Check your network connectivity and correct credentials. Pl. specify again which version of win you are getting problem.Are you using IP's or Hot names for destination PC's. Do check ur machines IP conf for correct DNS and gateway etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Check your network connectivity and correct credentials. Pl. specify again which version of win you are getting problem.Are you using IP's or Hot names for destination PC's. Do check ur machines IP conf for correct DNS and gateway etc.
    Hi,
    Credentials are ok,they work in other machines. We have Windows Server 2012 R2. I tried both IP and DNS name. Pings from machines are ok. Printing works normally. Scan to other PC with Windows 7 works.

Hi,
    Credentials are ok,they work in other machines. We have Windows Server 2012 R2. I tried both IP and DNS name. Pings from machines are ok. Printing works normally. Scan to other PC with Windows 7 works.

Check network for proper termination. Check SMB ports on machine as well on server. What else can it be?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Is SMBv1 disabled on the server?

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Check network for proper termination. Check SMB ports on machine as well on server. What else can it be?
    On Minolta you can't choose port for SMB. I check link with my laptop and I can connect to the server, link speed is 1Gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by B0265 View Post
    Is SMBv1 disabled on the server?
    I will turn it off later, after most of users stop working.

It is strange:
    2 machnes working so it means that FS is working (same settings on machines)
    on other machines I can scan to PC with Windows7, so it means that SMB on machines works too.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

If you enable "direct hosting" in the SMB settings on the MFP it will use port 445.
    The C253 only supports SMBv1, check if it's already turned off.

Are you using same user id and password on all machines? You have a domain server or simple workgroup?
    You scan to same folder on server from all machines?

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Bizhub c253 SMB problem

jump to page 3 for some possible relevant info.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Hi,
    If 2 of them are working it eliminates most all of the issues from the customers end. I'm assuming the 4 that don't work are on the same subnet as the file server? They need to be on the same subnet for SMB.
    Then it points to a setting or firmware issue with the 4 that aren't working. If you can open up the web interface of one that works in one tab and one that doesn't in another tab and compare network and smb settings.

utility-> user settings-> printer settings-> print reports-> config

This report should have a firmware version.
    gl