Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

C353 Not Copying After Belt and Imaging Unit Replacement

I have three Konica Minolta copiers in our office. Unfortunately about six months ago, the repair company we contracted with completely abandoned us after we discovered that they had overcharged us to the tune of more than $3,000 over the course of 3 years. Long story short, I haven't been able to find anyone who will work on these copiers because they are all apparently "end of life." That leaves me to do it myself since my business has hit some rough times and I can't afford to replace the machines.

Our C353 had the belt unit rip itself up and chewed up the black imaging unit (IU313K). I have just replaced both with brand new OEM parts. Everything starts up fine and I can scan perfectly. However when I go to make a copy, I just get a blank page. No error messages or any strange sounds, just a blank page.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: C353 Not Copying After Belt and Imaging Unit Replacement

Well it is obviously something you replaced. I suspect the transfer belt. What happens if you make a color print (I use the demo page as test, utility, user setting, printers settings, print reports, demo page)?

Since you replaced just the black IU if it was a defective IU it would still print the 3 colors.

Take out the Trans belt and see if belt moves when turning the big white gear?

Since you have other machines there try the black IU & Transfer belt from one of these machines and see what happens?

I just took out everything and reinstalled. I can print perfectly with everything except black. The black pages now print but the image gets stretched in two places on the page and then gets smashed together on two other places on the page.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

looks like a gear on the drum is skipping a tooth.
    if you measure the distance between irregularities and roll it in a circle it will show the diameter of the suspect part.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

looks like you got a defective black IU. I've had belts tear on that model and never damaged anything with driving the black IU. Is the old IU that bad it can't be put back into machine to see what prints look like? this would confirm it is black IU and defective. Of course anything is possible especially since you posted the torn belt "chewed up" the black IU. Not sure what you meant by this?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    looks like a gear on the drum is skipping a tooth.
    if you measure the distance between irregularities and roll it in a circle it will show the diameter of the suspect part.
    It also can be a clutch/Gear Assy. which drives black unit. Secondly if you take 50% black patch on A4 paper and if deletions observed in 45 degree angle, it could be low developer quantity.
    Hope this helps

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

You may find that being an “end of life” model that new K image unit has sat on a shelf for ages, try doing a long run say 100 duplex & see if the image fault improves.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You may find that being an “end of life” model that new K image unit has sat on a shelf for ages, try doing a long run say 100 duplex & see if the image fault improves.
    Yes, You r absolutely right.
    It just means that even new unit can be faulty & we should not ignore same. we need to check all possibilities & doubt even on new unit.
    pls check

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I think developer unit is defective as problem is repeating after fixed interval as seen in the samples.
    It is about 84 mm apart ( both squeeze as well as expanding of text) which is about circumference of magnetic roll
    hope this helps.