Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C450 refreshing the transfer belt

AVW
    I think I have answered the question.
    Refreshing ITB is only to refresh OR recovered Belt from light shock.
    I mean if belt is exposed to light OR open environment which decreases charging power of belt(similar to drum if exposed to light for long time)
    Refreshing is charging the belt to possible normal condition without printing hundreds of copies/prints &
    This will not recovered from any defects on the belt.
    If you are technical person you will understand what I am trying to tell you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AVW View Post
    No, nothing is closed. You simply didnīt answer my questions. You adviced me to replace the belt, and as I told several times, I expect that you are right. I know that I need to replace the belt. Nevertheless, I like to understand the service manual, and aked about the switch and the sentences that I do not understand, not about any advice if I shall replace my belt or hope that the refreshing makes sense at all. Even if it will not do anything to my belt I like to understand the manual and be able to do that "refreshing".

I still like to understand the switch and how it workes. So if anybody can tell me how to proceed such a ITB refreshing (with more details than in the service manual), especially how that switch works and what that "predrive" should be, please do so.
    I think I have answered you.
    Refreshing Belt is nothing but charging Belt Xerographically only. Charging belt is like if drum is exposed to light for long time, OR polished/ cleaned with some solution drum surface looses to hold charge, which may take few hundred copies/prints to regain capability of charging. IT WILL NOT ELIMINATE ANY DEFECTS ON SURFACE OF BELT.
    Being a technical person I am sure you will understand what I am & all others are trying to tell you.
    HOPE THIS IS CLOSED NOW.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Sorry, but you really should start reading what I am writing. I am not asking about my belt, I am asking about how that switch should work if I donīt have that Jig.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C450 refreshing the transfer belt

Quote Originally Posted by AVW View Post
    So if anybody can tell me how to proceed such a ITB refreshing (with more details than in the service manual), .
    there is NO WAY TO REFRESH a BELT.... REPLACE IT.

switch you will have to reread the manual.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

OK, if there is anybody out there who can explain how to use that switch without the jig, and what "predrive" exactly means please go ahead. I really would like to talk with somebody who is not interrested in advising me again and again things that I 1st didnīt ask for and 2nd never questioned.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Being a technical person I am sure you will understand what I am & all others are trying to tell you.
    HOPE THIS IS CLOSED NOW.
    I am wondering if that is the case. We DO get a lot of end users on this site.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Is this for real? This person actually thinks they are going to get help "demanding" we answer the question, on a 20 yr old machine! You wore my patience down! I tried to help.

Listen dude if you are that stupid not knowing that the "special tool / jig" mentioned in the service manual is a jumper for the interlock switch then you need to look into another profession (if you really are a tech). You can fold up a piece of paper and use it in place of that "special jig"!

NOW CASE CLOSED, short of asking admin to delete this thread!
    Last edited by copyman; 11-29-2017 at 12:59 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

OK guy now you are becoming personal, ... fine. One of the classical persons not reading anything as it seems. If you would have ever carefully read my initial posting, you would have recognized, that I am referring to exact pages in the service manual. Your "help" was to post the page about belt refreshing that I was referring to, ...
    Now you are calling me stupid, and do as if "old machines" are something bad. BTW the C450 was introduced by Konica Minolta in April 2005, not 20 years ago. It seems you are one of the technicians who preferre to talk customers into new leasing contracts than doing a good job. So please if you do not have to say anything stop talking and highjacking this thread with completely different statements than what I was asking.

For the rest of you, and I know this forum the last 2 years as very respectful and frindly, I still want to understand the procedure, and would like to understand the switch and "predrive". Of course the new belt is ordered already.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Are you trolling us? You are obsessing over understanding the inner-workings of a process that is not even relevant to your situation. The question you are repeatedly asking is so base that it flies under the radar of most technicians: are you really asking how a microswitch/reed switch functions? I mean...it's a switch. Just press the damn button. The switch is almost always just a tiny strip of springy-metal that actuates a tiny button when pressed. That's it. 99% of techs have never laid hands on an "interlock jig", because all you have to do is cram a wad of paper in there. Or a screwdriver. Or a finger.

I honestly can't tell if you are trolling. If you are truly this intrigued by the nuances of your machine, you should read the Theory manual. It's...uh...a real thrill.

Technician

Post Re: C450 refreshing the transfer belt

To answer the question... open the left door and notice the actuator arm that is standing up on the door, this is what closes the safety switch when the door is closed. Press the safety switch with what ever fits in the small space so it closes the switch, predrive I believe is just the machine booting up after you close the safety switch ( it's called safety for a reason) once the machine stops running loosen the screw up that is pointed to in the manual, this will allow the belt refresh pad to be able to be used. The pad is spring loaded and will contact the belt, you can press the plastic housing on either side of the screw you loosened up in order to put more pressure on the pad for cleaning purposes. Press the start key and hold pressure on the pad until it stops. Remember to tighten the screw fully when finished since this retracks the cleaning pad, remove your safety switch cheater (wad of paper or what ever you used to actuate the safety switch) then close the left door and exit out of service mode.