Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C450 refreshing the transfer belt

Re: C450 refreshing the transfer belt

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    NOW CASE CLOSED, short of asking admin to delete this thread!
    THAT would be a GREAT IDEA!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: C450 refreshing the transfer belt

Quote Originally Posted by cycle66 View Post
    To answer the question... open the left door and notice the actuator arm that is standing up on the door, this is what closes the safety switch when the door is closed.
    Thanks that was one interresting information, that I indeed didnīt get previously.

Press the safety switch with what ever fits in the small space so it closes the switch, predrive I believe is just the machine booting up after you close the safety switch ( it's called safety for a reason) once the machine stops running
    And that is the main issue. Of coures I tried the switch several times (with screwdriver, some paper, and even a "self made jig" looking similar to those from the service manual made of hard rubber) and tried many things before I wrote my initial posting. But when I press the switch just backwards, what feels like if a button inside is pressed, nothing is happening at all. Thats why I asked how the switch should work, what may have sounded dumb, but I thought perhaps (as you have to turn the jig if you have one) there is some other button anywhere inside that gets pressed at turning the jig.
    So the main issue is still that there is nothing happening if I press the switch. No "predrive" in any form, and the Start button stays orange an is not getting green, whatever I try.

loosen the screw up that is pointed to in the manual, this will allow the belt refresh pad to be able to be used. The pad is spring loaded and will contact the belt, you can press the plastic housing on either side of the screw you loosened up in order to put more pressure on the pad for cleaning purposes. Press the start key and hold pressure on the pad until it stops. Remember to tighten the screw fully when finished since this retracks the cleaning pad, remove your safety switch cheater (wad of paper or what ever you used to actuate the safety switch) then close the left door and exit out of service mode.
    Thanks for explaining the pad and the possibility for more pressure. I will give it another try tomorrow with both belts.