Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Very strange... Bizhub 423 tray 1 jams, shows paper size error.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    frankly it sounds more like a sensor .. a mech clutch once it starts failing never comes back to life.. in my 30 years I have never seen it happen.
    Maybe I should clarify that we ran 40 or 50 ok, then immediately after a jam, it jams pretty consistently after 2 pages.
    Surely you've had clutches that run ok cold, but fail after they warm up? We often run 5 or 10 and the customer says, well it likes you. Then we run 30 or 50 and it shows it's butt.

I have to do my van's idler & tensioner bearings to deliver a rental tomorrow, so I hope to check into the fax tray designation later if time. Will advise.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

RESOLVED!
    We inadvertently installed a BH223 tray 1 feed ass'y. Trays 1 and 2 ONLY ON A BH423 have a feed sensor to keep proper spacing between sheets.

Trays 3, 3&4, and LCT (PC109, PC209, PC409) are all compatible because the lower decks use the vertical feed roller timing to keep proper sheet spacing.

BH 423 only- parts showing tray one PS11 feed sensor.jpgBH 423 only has a PS11 paper feed in sensor tray 1.jpgBH423 vs BH223 tray 1 feed sensor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    RESOLVED!
    We inadvertently installed a BH223 tray 1 feed ass'y. Trays 1 and 2 ONLY ON A BH423 have a feed sensor to keep proper spacing between sheets.

Trays 3, 3&4, and LCT (PC109, PC209, PC409) are all compatible because the lower decks use the vertical feed roller timing to keep proper sheet spacing.

BH 423 only- parts showing tray one PS11 feed sensor.jpgBH 423 only has a PS11 paper feed in sensor tray 1.jpgBH423 vs BH223 tray 1 feed sensor.jpg

Good work DON N, sometimes the things apparently seems same. My advise always check part nos. for the compatibility.