Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    bizhub 601  code c2701

bizhub 601 code c2701

manual says either hv or prcb. anyone have any preference or information on what they would change first?

I personally don't love this machine but need to keep it going long enough I guess.. any help would be appreciated
    thanks
    brent

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    bizhub 601  code c2701

Re: bizhub 601 code c2701

have you looked at the corona units yet, first thing I would check? it could be many things with this machine (not one of my favorites). I've had a piece of paper under the charge corona. Check for leaking starter & toner on T/S corona, these machines leak toner/starter like a stuck pig! Good luck

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    manual says either hv or prcb. anyone have any preference or information on what they would change first?

I personally don't love this machine but need to keep it going long enough I guess.. any help would be appreciated
    thanks
    brent
    Try a new charge unit first....most likely the problem

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bizhub 601  code c2701

awesome. thanks guys. yes I took the unit out and there was toner around the drum and on the sides. and actually toner build up on the grid as well so I cleaned all of that up no dice.. I will for sure try a charge unit. I have 2 spare machines at my office I took the boards out of.. that was not fun.. trying to shitcan these machines as soon as I can.. they certainly did drop toner like a pig.. I will see what I come up with tomorrow and report back.. thanks guys

brent

check the transfer unit too. Normally got that code if a corona wire broke and touched metal somewhere.
    Whatever

bizhub 601  code c2701

you three guys are genius it was the charge assembly saved me a lot of time

I thank you

salute

brent

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    you three guys are genius it was the charge assembly saved me a lot of time

I thank you

salute

brent
    Keep these work horses neat from inside and forget about maintenance.

Sent from my RHYTHM RX60 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    bizhub 601  code c2701

hey zesti. disagree about this machine being a workhorse. one of the worst machines ever made by Konica. Yes this is a Konica design before they merged with Minolta. They kept this piece of crap design after the merge. before the merge Minolta had Konica make this segment machine as the "Minolta" Di 5510/7210, etc

I lost 2 big accounts because of this crap. had one customer paid $15k for a Biz 601 and it was bad right out of the box! A new "production" model shouldn't jam immediately.

As I posted here before one of the main problems was to recycle "used" toner back into developer. paper dust in recycled toner crashed the developer before 100k causing toner & dev to leak! The only way to get this machine to run half decent is to schedule a service once a month to vacuum out the contaminated waste toner. But then you still have to deal with jamming, 2nd biggest issue with this machine!

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    hey zesti. disagree about this machine being a workhorse. one of the worst machines ever made by Konica. Yes this is a Konica design before they merged with Minolta. They kept this piece of crap design after the merge. before the merge Minolta had Konica make this segment machine as the "Minolta" Di 5510/7210, etc

I lost 2 big accounts because of this crap. had one customer paid $15k for a Biz 601 and it was bad right out of the box! A new "production" model shouldn't jam immediately.

As I posted here before one of the main problems was to recycle "used" toner back into developer. paper dust in recycled toner crashed the developer before 100k causing toner & dev to leak! The only way to get this machine to run half decent is to schedule a service once a month to vacuum out the contaminated waste toner. But then you still have to deal with jamming, 2nd biggest issue with this machine!
    Copyman, you are right about the mentioned problem. But all this depend upon quality of paper, I do have same problems but all machines have certain problems associated with design. 601 engine date back to Konica 7155/65 litarly no major change in engine design. Anyway it's long gone and new same cpm machine not as heavy duty as those one.

Sent from my RHYTHM RX60 using Tapatalk