Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    replace c203 with c224, good idea?

Re: replace c203 with c224, good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Thanks for that remark Allan. I have to replace two rental BH-C-253 and my people are trying to push me to the xx4-series since they are "newer" but I would like to replace them with two C-280 or C-360 if I can find them with low mileage. Until now I have with the C-280/360 rather good experiences.

Did I mention that I HATE those BH-C-203/253/353?
    Problems with waste toner system, failing drive motors, squeaking clutches, laser units, TB, firmware loading etc. For sure I left some more out, but that must be psychological repression..........

Hans
    In my opinion the 4 series is better than the 0 series. Maintenance costs are a lot less. Way better DF and dual scanning is available (less wear and tear on a already poorly designed DF). Just make sure the firmware is up to date and they will go a long time.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

C353 was the last medium sized KM office machine to have decent thickness steel used in the flatbed scanner base and frame. The current upto C368 series scanner is so flimsy if someone leans on the front corner or the couriers move the machine by the scanner body when delivering it, it will likely never scan perfectly straight and true again (off the glass)

Otherwise they are good machines and print quality is good as long as you use quality paper - low quality crap paper will still work ok in C353 series but WILL have second transfer holes in 4 & 8 series color solids particularly on the second side.

There are several reliability modifications to bring a 4 series and early E series upto late E series reliability standards. A competent technician should be able to see/feel if these modifications have been done practically instantly.

Hello to all,

I have the c224 in my office now. I’m basically very satisfied.

It works (compared to the c203) very quiet, especially in saving modes. A very nice machine.

Also the touch-display is a big step forward.

But:

Of course there are some problems, as always, if you install something new.

First is:

The former owner did for security, and to clean user adjustments, a HDD format.
    So far so good, but as you now, the movie file is lost after.

Does somebody of you have the Movie file for the 224?

Do you need Firmware information for that?

I have service documentation, but I do not have the movie-file

Thank you in advance.