Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

bizhub c280 not recognising new tonner

guys i have recently replaced a toner cartridge on bizhub c280 but i still get the message 'replace tonner cartridge' appearing on my machine. how do i reset the machine and or what are there any sensors that may need some cleaning for the to read the cartridge,

thanks in advance

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: bizhub c280 not recognising new tonner

These toner cartridges have no detection chips on them and the only way is to allow the colour that is low to become so low the machine shuts down and states on the screen replace toner.
    Advise all of the customers that the machine WILL NOT recognizea new toner cartridge has been fitted unless the machine requests the bottle tobe changed. When the message ‘replenish toner’ is displayed, removing the oldbottle and fitting a new bottle activates a switch and the machine will thenrecognize the presence of the new bottle. The customer MUST NOT switch off themachine to change the bottle otherwise it will not be recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by vamaturure View Post
    guys i have recently replaced a toner cartridge on bizhub c280 but i still get the message 'replace tonner cartridge' appearing on my machine. how do i reset the machine and or what are there any sensors that may need some cleaning for the to read the cartridge,

thanks in advance

Technician

the machine is not responding, after the machine had shutdown demanding us to replace black toner it still gives the same message after putting the new toner

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by vamaturure View Post

thanks in advance
    Toner in the sub hopper must be completely empty. Remove sub toner hopper and clean the sensor inside plus the hopper itself. Make sure the sensor actuator is cleaned and free to move.

Put everything back and switch on machine. This should fix the issue.

Technician

I replaced the original magenta toner on a Bizhub C280 and the toner icon remained very small instead of turning it full. . I emptied all the hooper toner, the equipment announced I had to change the toner, I replaced the bottle and the toner symbol grew to the maximum. My question is how does this equipment control the toner level. In the technical documentation, it is quite clear that only the hopper sensor controls this, but someone said this is done by counting the toner bottle rotation.
    This is true ???

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cristachecri View Post
    I replaced the original magenta toner on a Bizhub C280 and the toner icon remained very small instead of turning it full. . I emptied all the hooper toner, the equipment announced I had to change the toner, I replaced the bottle and the toner symbol grew to the maximum. My question is how does this equipment control the toner level. In the technical documentation, it is quite clear that only the hopper sensor controls this, but someone said this is done by counting the toner bottle rotation.
    This is true ???
    Toner level (ratio) in the developer unit is controlled by an ATDC sensor. Toner level in the sub-hopper is controlled by a magnetic switch.

Technician

[QUOTE=copier addict;603185]Toner level (ratio) in the developer unit is controlled by an ATDC sensor. Toner level in the sub-hopper is controlled by a magnetic switch.[/QUO

Thank you nice for the answer ... but i would have a question related to the graphic symbols that display the level of toner ... who controls this percentage ??? or how does the percentage of toner remaining in the bottle appear on the web page browsing page?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=cristachecri;603187]
    Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Toner level (ratio) in the developer unit is controlled by an ATDC sensor. Toner level in the sub-hopper is controlled by a magnetic switch.[/QUO

Thank you nice for the answer ... but i would have a question related to the graphic symbols that display the level of toner ... who controls this percentage ??? or how does the percentage of toner remaining in the bottle appear on the web page browsing page?
    The bar graph on the display is calculated by the machine based on number of pages and coverage rate. It is a guess by the machine. Usually fairly accurate. The machine will not display replace toner until the sub-hopper is no longer being filled from the toner cartridge.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

If you watch the toner level closely it will lower very gradually to about 25% then drop precipitously to 0%. Like copier addict says, it's making an educated guess based on image fill, and number of calibrations, but the actual level can vary considerably. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Toner level (ratio) in the developer unit is controlled by an ATDC sensor. Toner level in the sub-hopper is controlled by a magnetic switch.[/QUOTE]

Thank you once again for your answers and I have a conclusion.This equipment graphically displays the toner remaining after the number of pages you have printed and how much the toner puts on the sheet.Why then when I put a new toner this level does not go in 100% ???According to the technical documentation this is done by the hooper sensor.I replaced an original toner on the magenta when the display shows 25% more and it remained at the same percentage, instead of 100%.Why technical documentation does not explain this very clearly ???