Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts afterhours's Avatar

C6500 with C-2704

Hello everyone. I really need your help. I have a new customer with a C6500. The previous tech is in prison and left the machine taken apart. I installed all the boards (printer controller, HV1, etc.) and various parts that had been ordered. The machine is giving me a C-2704 during warm up. I tried to charge the yellow dv with new developer and it gives me C-2701. Per the manual, I replaced all of the coronas to no avail, then I sent the HV1 in for repair and it was returned with a note that said there is nothing wrong with it.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?
    Printer Controller board?

Please help...

Much Thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: C6500 with C-2704

Quote Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
    Hello everyone. I really need your help. I have a new customer with a C6500. The previous tech is in prison and left the machine taken apart. I installed all the boards (printer controller, HV1, etc.) and various parts that had been ordered. The machine is giving me a C-2704 during warm up. I tried to charge the yellow dv with new developer and it gives me C-2701. Per the manual, I replaced all of the coronas to no avail, then I sent the HV1 in for repair and it was returned with a note that said there is nothing wrong with it.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?
    Printer Controller board?

Please help...

Much Thanks.
    last time i had this errror we had to replace the machine.
    Changed all boards/cables/parts and no change...
    Few things you can check are the cables, hv1,prcb, rewrite firmware, check if there is any toner on drums when you power it on...
    try to start it in service mode and check the test pages from test mode. print each color on 255 density.
    in my case yellow magenta were both blank, cyan had like 15% covered and bk was just fine...
    i still dont know what this error was about...but i hope you will be able to fix yours...
    best of luck...

Technician

Had that fault 2 x on the same machine, c6500. I changed the deve tank and developer yellow and it was fixed.

The second time I had the error code plus print quality issues which developer replacement did not fix it and had to reinitialize machine and redo the developer, drum and machine setup again right through to calibration. It was quit a long process but I was able to fix the fault. Machine is now running it's 7 month now.

Firmware didn't work for me here but a try is much better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MORGY View Post
    Had that fault 2 x on the same machine, c6500. I changed the deve tank and developer yellow and it was fixed.

The second time I had the error code plus print quality issues which developer replacement did not fix it and had to reinitialize machine and redo the developer, drum and machine setup again right through to calibration. It was quit a long process but I was able to fix the fault. Machine is now running it's 7 month now.

Firmware didn't work for me here but a try is much better.

Thanks
    Ok, I will try to reinitialize.

Quote Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
    Ok, I will try to reinitialize.
    Im sorry, but I cant find in the manual where to initialize the C6500. Ive never done it. Any thoughts?