Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub C280 - copy / print jammed ONLY in color mode

Hello everyone .
    I have a Bizhub c280 machine and has a problem: just in COLOR copy / print mode the paper jams. Specifically as in BLACK copy / print mode everything is fine. It is a frustrating flaw and I can not find the solution. Why is this problem only in COLOR mode ? I'm waiting for your answer or a repair method with great interest . Thank you

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C280 - copy / print jammed ONLY in color mode

Quote Originally Posted by cristachecri View Post
    Hello everyone .
    I have a Bizhub c280 machine and has a problem: just in COLOR copy / print mode the paper jams. Specifically as in BLACK copy / print mode everything is fine. It is a frustrating flaw and I can not find the solution. Why is this problem only in COLOR mode ? I'm waiting for your answer or a repair method with great interest . Thank you
    Had this problem years ago when putting crap toner in a C250 and it would jam in the fuser area. If you are using compatible toner then check the fuser unit and if it looks dry or dirty change to original toner and gradually run halftone test prints in service mode to deplete any cheap toner on all colours. When the original toner starts getting into the system the prints will look glossier and the jamming will eventually stop.

The reason it jams on full colour mode is down the amount of toner that is on the page and if there is no wax present in the toner (as with compatibles) it will be like glue in the fuser hence the jamming in full colour mode.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Helpdesk View Post
    Had this problem years ago when putting crap toner in a C250 and it would jam in the fuser area. If you are using compatible toner then check the fuser unit and if it looks dry or dirty change to original toner and gradually run halftone test prints in service mode to deplete any cheap toner on all colours. When the original toner starts getting into the system the prints will look glossier and the jamming will eventually stop.

The reason it jams on full colour mode is down the amount of toner that is on the page and if there is no wax present in the toner (as with compatibles) it will be like glue in the fuser hence the jamming in full colour mode.

Thank you for your prompt answer . Solving this malfunction is far away. Toners are just original, the cylinders are the same and the paper jams are just after they exit the tray and only when they are copying / printing color. I mention that the device has only 40,000 copies of which only 10,000 color.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Jam codes? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Something doesn't add up. are you sure when using color it doesn't pull from a certain tray. Or manual feed tray with thicker paper, etc.

Is the paper size correct for each drawer, man feed tray?

Does it jam when using side manual feed tray?

As far as feeding paper the machine doesn't know or care if you are printing color or B&W it just feeds paper. My guess is one of your paper inputs has small piece of paper jammed or just needs rollers replaced.

Technician

I will try to be as explicit as possible. The copier works absolutely normal,
    copies and prints from all trays, including bypass only in black. As soon as you switch to Color Copy / Print mode
    the machine locks the paper as it exits the tray. I tried all the trays and every one of them happened the same. Device
    does not display any code when it blocks the paper. If the copier is only in black mode, the machine is perfect.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I will be explicit as I can.

Sorry still doesn't make sense. Color or B&W shouldn't matter with a paper jam. If you are saying paper will exit then indicate a jam that is usually the exit switch near fuser (not sure why only color). Or different paper size is fed other then what shows on display.

Like blackcat posted, what is the jam code?
    Last edited by copyman; 01-18-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cristachecri View Post
    I will try to be as explicit as possible. The copier works absolutely normal,
    copies and prints from all trays, including bypass only in black. As soon as you switch to Color Copy / Print mode
    the machine locks the paper as it exits the tray. I tried all the trays and every one of them happened the same. Device
    does not display any code when it blocks the paper. If the copier is only in black mode, the machine is perfect.
    Try doing halftone prints from service mode and see if it jams. I still suspect the full toner coverage as it is jamming at the fuser. Are you sure that everything in the machine is original ?

Look in the history for error codes and the jam codes.
    It could be that its a processing problem, but that would normally give an internal error message where you need to restart.
    If that is the case the half-tone should print fine. Even try a demo page.

Does color scans work?
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Helpdesk View Post
    Try doing halftone prints from service mode and see if it jams. I still suspect the full toner coverage as it is jamming at the fuser. Are you sure that everything in the machine is original ?
    Only difference that I can think of is for B&W copy Only black drum rotates and also 1st Transfer rollers are not in contact with drum. I do not know if this is loading some motor OR Gear Assy, Clutch OR Solenoid which is affecting paper feeding in case of colour copies.
    If paper is leaving tray feed area and not reaching Fuser, that means it is somewhere at registration assy. OR Belt/2nd transfer assy.
    Need to check thoroughly
    Hope this helps.