Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ru-513

Technician

Ru-513

Ive noticed a few of the bigger 8 series machines that when you run larger jobs, like 100-200 pages jobs that eventually once the Ru warms up it starts to get some movement on the right side of the unit, then the paper starts making a different noise and soon after that it jams up in the Ru unit. I know there is a bulletin #10911 that applies to serial numbers A87JWY2105445-A87JWY2108920 but these units a well out of that range. The jam codes are 32-05, 75-42, 72-16. I placed a call with konica and they had me check all the usual suspects,which all check out fine as this is a brand new C458 and if I direct the output to tray 3 or the top of the Ru it will run till the tray is full, switch it back to the regular output tray and boom guaranteed it will jam up after the movment and paper noise starts! Anyone else notice this and when testing these please make sure you run 100-200 copies through them, Im sure customers will hate you if they have this problem and you do the basic maintenance

Re: Ru-513

We are having the same issues on the 8 series. and KM tech support and the tech pubs have not been helpful. I can use a RU-513 from the 4 series and the machine runs no jamming. Were you able to solve your issue?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We had the small entrance guide on the finisher warp. Once it was replaced problem went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingrepairguy View Post
    Ive noticed a few of the bigger 8 series machines that when you run larger jobs, like 100-200 pages jobs that eventually once the Ru warms up it starts to get some movement on the right side of the unit, then the paper starts making a different noise and soon after that it jams up in the Ru unit. I know there is a bulletin #10911 that applies to serial numbers A87JWY2105445-A87JWY2108920 but these units a well out of that range. The jam codes are 32-05, 75-42, 72-16. I placed a call with konica and they had me check all the usual suspects,which all check out fine as this is a brand new C458 and if I direct the output to tray 3 or the top of the Ru it will run till the tray is full, switch it back to the regular output tray and boom guaranteed it will jam up after the movment and paper noise starts! Anyone else notice this and when testing these please make sure you run 100-200 copies through them, Im sure customers will hate you if they have this problem and you do the basic maintenance
    We have had the same issue. Konica rep came by and said they were working on a fix. I have removed the metal frame support on the bottom side of the ru and installed washers under the four outermost screws. the innermost screws do not add washers. when reassembled it removes the bow. also on the upper guide i install a washer underneath each screw there which increases the gap for the paper to enter. it works great. good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Any news from KM about a fix?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

KM released a FOC parts on this. They put some washers in the RU unit to assist with Jamming. The codes you listed are exactly what is on the bulletin. Order some!

It is possible to have bulletin n. 10911?

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

In the uk our bulletin says to cut down the higher posts so that the reinforce plate sits flat.
    Seems a better solution to me.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    In the uk our bulletin says to cut down the higher posts so that the reinforce plate sits flat.
    Seems a better solution to me.
    Off topic:
    Obvious things are hard to be understood by Japanese. They always seems to think too much, which is not bad but in many cases leads to ridiculous solutions or just too complicated.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    KM released a FOC parts on this. They put some washers in the RU unit to assist with Jamming. The codes you listed are exactly what is on the bulletin. Order some!
    I don't have access to this bulletin, do you put the washers under the metal frame on the bottom side?

I have seen the UK/European bulletin tech51 mentioned but in our case (C458 + FS-536SD) the base frame is flat so there is no need to cut any plastic.
    We even replaced the the RU but the jamming still starts after about 100 pages.