Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

New 368, noise pulling from tray 2

Machine was installed in November 2017, 11,000 clicks 8.5x11 paper, a handful of 8.5x14 and 11x17. Four trays, top two are letter, with longer paper in trays 3 and 4. Auto tray switching is turned on. User reported a weird noise when the machine was printing/copying. Upon arrival, Tray 1 was empty; example printout was letter paper. Sounds like a groaning, several beats worth; when the paper has been fed beyond the tray, the abnormal noise disappears. I tested the other three trays, everything sounds fine there, so it's isolated to Tray 2. Tray 1 is primary. Total of 850 pages pulled from Tray 2. Jam log shows the occasional jam in the ADF, nothing associated with paper feed.

Any ideas of what would be causing the groaning noise?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: New 368, noise pulling from tray 2

separation roller

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: New 368, noise pulling from tray 2

I had a similar problem , it wasn't the separation roller itself, but the shaft that the roller was sitting on was bent, but was very hard to see, i did notice it eventually , after i replaced the assembly, i had no more problems
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...