Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Konica 222 not adding toner

Konica 2 2 2 the original call was add toner light on after putting a new bottle in. When I got there 2557was up. I replace developer and drum and copier ran fine for a day then the add toner came back on. This happened after customer put new bottle of toner in I noticed the bottle is hard to get in all the way and be able to shut the lid behind it and toner accumulates in the trough it like it's not going into the machine. Took the back out in the board out to get to the toner motor but it's not like the other models I've worked on it's more like the bizhub 350. Doesn't have a regular toner motor section like other ones I've worked on. I have a Konica 350 I'm going to try seeing if it matches up and replace the whole toner trough is there something else you can think of that I should try. Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Konica 222 not adding toner

Repair insulation (sponge) on solenoids of toner hopper.

Re: Konica 222 not adding toner

Quote Originally Posted by DOE View Post
    Konica 2 2 2 the original call was add toner light on after putting a new bottle in. When I got there 2557was up. I replace developer and drum and copier ran fine for a day then the add toner came back on. This happened after customer put new bottle of toner in I noticed the bottle is hard to get in all the way and be able to shut the lid behind it and toner accumulates in the trough it like it's not going into the machine. Took the back out in the board out to get to the toner motor but it's not like the other models I've worked on it's more like the bizhub 350. Doesn't have a regular toner motor section like other ones I've worked on. I have a Konica 350 I'm going to try seeing if it matches up and replace the whole toner trough is there something else you can think of that I should try. Thanks
    The konica 222 and 350 are the same print engine. 350 keyed different. make sure toner is being added and toner bottle spinning. have had toner bottle solenoid stick and cause toner to exit front of machine. foam on solenoid gets sticky. make sure you are clearing drum count on new install. if a lot of copies on machine upgrade if 2557 persists.
    tom