Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C352 issue...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C352 issue...

Re: C352 issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    is there a numerical error code to it? what is the EXACT message?
    Exactly!

Everything that Synthohol said, but I would also add to be prepared with compressed air-can or air compressor (do NOT use a vacuum) to clean up all the dust/hair/etc. Also, I strongly recommend taking the heatsink off the CPU and cleaning off that garbage thermal tape and apply a quality thermal paste. If you are not computer savvy enough I am sure a computer shop will do it for pretty cheap. That is pretty unfortunate that this model does not have code-LED on the back--that feature can be very helpful.

Anyways, you can change the Image Controller Setting in System 2 in Service Mode to "Controller 0" to use the standard controller ("Controller 1" for fiery)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C352 issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    is there a numerical error code to it? what is the EXACT message?
    error C4765

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C352 issue...

yes, i will contribute, no idea before about $$ avatar hehe until you said
    and yes, i back the fiery to factory defaults, all files inside HDD were erased, and re-setup ip address ( i was printing using emperon and CWS, both methods)
    i will try remove the entire fiery unit and clean inside... service as a normal computer, clean dust, check fan impedance, heatsink grease, and so, many factors about thermal overheat just to discard dust or so..

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    in command workstation, run a "clear server" that will clean up the HDD in the fiery.
    you can also do a backup on the fiery so it will save all the settings then restore to factory and print a config sheet because it went back to DHCP so you can restore your settings.
    also when printing i hope its set for LPR with Print as the queue. thats the correct way.
    also if the fiery is giving the copier its IP address have you tried printing directly to the machine (emperon) to eliminate the fiery as to this issue?
    if you think its the fiery, run a fresh copy of system software so the Fiery will be like brand new.

also fwiw i have had those controllers where the CPU cooler gets so filled with dust and hair it will overheat and do wacky things.
    even had one where the leg of the cooler fan broke so the heatsink was barely touching the CPU.

if your fiery is set to retain 99 jobs (some do by request) there is little room for the jobs to RIP.
    try the clear server first, archive whatever jobs you neede to keep locally to a PC and see if clearing the server helps.
    if you decide to try system software, i can help you out, just become a $$ contributor to this site (ya get a cool badge on your avatar) so we know you arent just looking for a handout.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C352 issue...

yes, i h ave all materials to do service for the unit, i never opened the cabinet but you are right, this ic-406 was released on 2000-2002, so should have tons of dust inside. after a big clean, which CPU temperature should be the right one? i can use a thermometer to see overheat.

Service Mode -> System 2 -> "set Controller to 0" = standard controller (<-- is this the internal machine controller right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    Exactly!

Everything that Synthohol said, but I would also add to be prepared with compressed air-can or air compressor (do NOT use a vacuum) to clean up all the dust/hair/etc. Also, I strongly recommend taking the heatsink off the CPU and cleaning off that garbage thermal tape and apply a quality thermal paste. If you are not computer savvy enough I am sure a computer shop will do it for pretty cheap. That is pretty unfortunate that this model does not have code-LED on the back--that feature can be very helpful.

Anyways, you can change the Image Controller Setting in System 2 in Service Mode to "Controller 0" to use the standard controller ("Controller 1" for fiery)

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C352 issue...

yes controller 0 is the standard built in controller.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C352 issue...

i have removed fiery unit, cleaned inside and same issue.... cant print more than 1 file...
    without fiery, the machine can print 2,5,10 files perfectly... so fiery is not working fine...

fiery its a computer with a PCI card, is there some tests to perform to know how to solve it?

IMG_9308.jpgIMG_9314.jpgIMG_9324.jpgIMG_9334.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C352 issue...

user image
    Last edited by blax; 02-20-2018 at 07:12 AM.

C352 issue...

is it calling for a consumable? toner, drum, fuser etc...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    C352 issue...

nothing... all consumables are ok, without fiery the machine work so good... the problem is with fiery attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    is it calling for a consumable? toner, drum, fuser etc...

C352 issue...

then redo system software, log into it, save the settings backup file to PC and install.
    if you need system software let me know.