Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C454e Background problem

Re: C454e Background problem

Something isn't cleaning properly, that's for sure. Either primary transfer or fuser. The drum is too small to make that interval. Are you using OEM parts? OEM toner? Plain paper with appropriate media type settings? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C454e Background problem

Looks like transfer belt cleaning to me. Make sure the elbow that runs the waste toner from the belt to the waste tank isn't blocked. Also as mentioned above, media settings on KM color machines is absolutely paramount!!

Lee

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C454e Background problem

How is it not fuser/ fusing issue? All colors ghosting? That's day one troubleshooting.
    Transfer not cleaning results in streaks or, at best, long distant shadowing

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C454e Background problem

He had said he tried a different fuser. Also image from previous page ghosts onto next. just about the distance of the transfer belt. Poor transfer cleaning can also repeat all colors.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    C454e Background problem

I've had a C454 do this very thing and the tube leading from the belt cleaner to the waste tank was clogged.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C454e Background problem

I would say it deals with the transfer assembly.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

How About toner?
    Why We can't think about toner, There could be a spurious toner even if cartridge looks exactly same.
    Offsetting could be due to toner not fusing properly, we have seen this in across many brands & models.

I still do not understand whatever happens, many tech gives advice to upgrade firmware.
    WHY?
    98% of the time there is no need to update firmware for basic things. KM or any company just gives us some vague picture, try to frightened us (like MS - Auto update OS ) & we fall in trap.

PC software companies (especially OS )wants to sale their new products ( ex. win 8 / 10 etc) so they do not support backward versions and they do tie up with hardware manufactures (like printers or other ( some G3 devices do not work on G4) ) so hardware also gets sold without any question.
    So Please understand basics of fault & problem. Lets not go over board

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C454e Background problem

Have a look at this.

Bizhub C454, Cyan background/ghosting

Habik has already suggested checking the background voltages. That was our problem in the above link.
    Everything that has a beginning, has an end.....

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C454e Background problem

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    How About toner?
    Why We can't think about toner, There could be a spurious toner even if cartridge looks exactly same.
    Offsetting could be due to toner not fusing properly, we have seen this in across many brands & models.

I still do not understand whatever happens, many tech gives advice to upgrade firmware.
    WHY?
    98% of the time there is no need to update firmware for basic things. KM or any company just gives us some vague picture, try to frightened us (like MS - Auto update OS ) & we fall in trap.

PC software companies (especially OS )wants to sale their new products ( ex. win 8 / 10 etc) so they do not support backward versions and they do tie up with hardware manufactures (like printers or other ( some G3 devices do not work on G4) ) so hardware also gets sold without any question.
    It is just good practice to keep the firmware up to date on MFPs.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C454e Background problem

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    How About toner?

WHY?

Its pretty funny whenever you call Konica Minolta and make a ticket (request). The first question is which firmware and regardless of the problem the first "solution" is always update firmware and usually they won't give any other advice unless you say the firmware is the latest. When you go to Konica Minolta training though, most of the trainers who have experience on the field, and are not just stuck in the classroom all the time. Always say only upgrade for a very good reason. We service a local hospital and their IT dept always wants firmware updated for a program they can't figure out how to get to work with our copiers. I've had to upgrade and downgrade firmwares in order to get certain programs to print correctly. They even want to request a copier come shipped with a certain firmware from Konica Minolta, which I can't control. Anytime I hear an "IT dept/guy" mention firmware to me, usually they are looking for something to blame because they gave up or can't figure out the issue with their program.