Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank copies

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Blank copies

Guys I have a minota C224e colour copier copies r comin out blank drums developer units transfer belt transfer roller looks they r all okey n da fun thing is all da drums r 0% but its not showing any replace drums machine is gettin ready okey

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    Blank copies

Re: Blank copies

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    Guys I have a minota C224e colour copier copies r comin out blank drums developer units transfer belt transfer roller looks they r all okey n da fun thing is all da drums r 0% but its not showing any replace drums machine is gettin ready okey
    Is there an image on the transfer belt if you stop it mid copy?
    Is there something covering the printheads?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

if im getting you right, no black while colors work. if even doing this while in test modes. you need an hv unit.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Blank copies

The replace drum messages are probably turned off. Did you take out the dev units and look at mag roller to see if toner is on them? This model has issues with dumping developer if consumables are over life.

Or possible like the other poster said you might have a bad high voltage pwr supply. You can find this out by pulling the trans belt mid cycle and see if image is on it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    The replace drum messages are probably turned off. Did you take out the dev units and look at mag roller to see if toner is on them? This model has issues with dumping developer if consumables are over life. Or possible like the other poster said you might have a bad high voltage pwr supply. You can find this out by pulling the trans belt mid cycle and see if image is on it.
    No image on transfer belt

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Is there an image on the transfer belt if you stop it mid copy?Is there something covering the printheads?
    No image on the transfer belt

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    The replace drum messages are probably turned off. Did you take out the dev units and look at mag roller to see if toner is on them? This model has issues with dumping developer if consumables are over life. Or possible like the other poster said you might have a bad high voltage pwr supply. You can find this out by pulling the trans belt mid cycle and see if image is on it.
    I have checked dev unit they r all okey

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

if you get color but no black then propably you got faulty K dev clutch. i myself replaced one today. its a pain in the ass to replace it. too much disasembly

Technician

Did you do any tech work on the copier, replacing removing transfer belt? Drum assembly replacement? Had that problem occur twice with me first when replacing a worn belt and belt cleaner to a housing C554. The new rubber on the cleaning blade was so tight against the new belt it caused the belt to not turn when I installed it. I took it out and backed the screws off just a lil rotated the belt manually a few times against the blade then tightened rotated it few more times and installed it. Problem solved. Had the issue occur with me again but only on the Yellow. I was replacing the drum and cleaning blade on a drum unit for a c 454 and the cleaning blade rubber caused it not to rotate not giving me any yellow on the image. Friction between rubber and the metalish lol. I just roatated it manually a few times until I felt the resistance loosen. Installed it. Problem solved.
    Last edited by G6token; 02-25-2018 at 06:43 AM. Reason: More info.

Technician

I had this problem with an HP.
    I cleaned it with compressed air, and put some adhesive tape on the laser unit gap (the gap witch the laser comes out from and goes to the drum). I'm sorry I don't have the words to explain this any better, but I'm sure you understand.
    I've put the adhesive tape there so no dust from the printer can enter the laser unit when I blow compressed air.
    Anyway, I forgot the adhesive tape there and obviously the pages came out blank.
    What I'm trying to suggest is to see if the laser from the laser unit is coming out. Maybe the gap is obstructed somehow or the laser unit is not in it's place.
    It's just a suggestion...