Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Unhappy Konica Minolta C454 replenish magenta toner issue

I have a client that has a C454 color copier, they first called me about the a code that appeared. 255x pertaining to the developing unit. I replaced it from a working C454 that I had. Now the code was gone, but a new issue occurred. Replenish magenta toner, I popped a brand new canister in there and same thing. I figure maybe some sensor to do with the toner hopper. I removed it pulled it apart completely and cleaned it like brand new. Placed it back in the copier samething. Frustrated at this point I removed a working hopper unit from one of my copiers cleaned it and installed it into this clients machine. Hard reset and power back on. The machine comes up without a hitch. I say now maybe the hopper unit was faulty and caused the flow of toner to the dv to be interrupted. 1 month later I’m called back. Replenish toner. maagenta toner. The client stated that he ran his previous magenta toner right down to it was finish and then replenish toner popped up. New canister installed same thing. Hard rest same thing. I came removed the hopper unit cleaned it, renosntalled it. No difference. I removed the magenta dv it seemed low so I topped it up with some from a c452 Magenta unit. Poured enough till the level seemed okay when roatating popped it back in. Hard reset. Samething. I’m lost at this point. The only thing I’m thinking is, the toner isn’t OEM so either it not keeping the dv unit topped up causing it hard to rotate, or it clogging the toner hopper maybe causing the motor to operate abnormal or fail disrupting the flow of toner. ??? Please help or atleast a push in some sort of direction.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Konica Minolta C454 replenish magenta toner issue

Re: Konica Minolta C454 replenish magenta toner issue

wouldnt just manually filling the dev like that upset the TCR level even more?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    wouldnt just manually filling the dev like that upset the TCR level even more?
    Not quite sure. I haven’t heard that one. I was thinking to just change replace the Dv unit again.

Quote Originally Posted by G6token View Post
    Not quite sure. I haven’t heard that one. I was thinking to just change replace the Dv unit again.
    if you do that i do drum at same time. if the drum is pulling dev you may end up ruining the new dev as well

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

The only thing I’m thinking is, the toner isn’t OEM so either it not keeping the dv unit topped up causing it hard to rotate
    you already answered yourself.
    dont skimp on the toner, thats buying a shovel to dig your own grave.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I can't think of anything to add to that. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I can't think of anything to add to that. =^..^=
    What do you think is a definite resolution?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I think that I wouldn't have done any of the things that you did. Based on everything that I've read so far in this thread, I want nothing to do with it. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have a client that has a C454 color copier, they first called me about the a code that appeared. 255x pertaining to the developing unit. I replaced it from a working C454 that I had. Now the code was gone, but a new issue occurred. Replenish magenta toner, I popped a brand new canister in there and same thing. I figure maybe some sensor to do with the toner hopper. I removed it pulled it apart completely and cleaned it like brand new. Placed it back in the copier samething. Frustrated at this point I removed a working hopper unit from one of my copiers cleaned it and installed it into this clients machine. Hard reset and power back on. The machine comes up without a hitch. I say now maybe the hopper unit was faulty and caused the flow of toner to the dv to be interrupted. 1 month later I’m called back. Replenish toner. maagenta toner. The client stated that he ran his previous magenta toner right down to it was finish and then replenish toner popped up. New canister installed same thing. Hard rest same thing. I came removed the hopper unit cleaned it, renosntalled it. No difference. I removed the magenta dv it seemed low so I topped it up with some from a c452 Magenta unit. Poured enough till the level seemed okay when roatating popped it back in. Hard reset. Samething. I’m lost at this point. The only thing I’m thinking is, the toner isn’t OEM so either it not keeping the dv unit topped up causing it hard to rotate, or it clogging the toner hopper maybe causing the motor to operate abnormal or fail disrupting the flow of toner. ??? Please help or atleast a push in some sort of direction.
    I would have put OEM toner in it when I changed out the developer. Why make things harder on yourself. Also as stated replace the drum for good measure. Not all toner is made equally you're just asking for trouble using compatible. You may get away with compatible 9 out of 10 times but it only takes one bad one to drive you crazy!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

First, you probably should NOT have even mentioned the toner is not OEM some of these guys are probably in the process of tracking you down to beat you with an ugly stick right now

Anyways, is the hopper full of toner or actually getting low?
    I dont know if this is an issue with this model, but on some, the warning will not go away until that stupid shake the canister message appears and the TCR articles is then reset.
    What is the TCR level reading in SM?
    Is the image quality even affected?