Thread: Bizhub 227

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub 227

Bizhub 227

I've got a Bizhub 227 that on cassette #2 reads A3 instead of 11x17. pulled out the cassette and every thing seems to be in place and all switches in the machine are working properly. I loaded 81/2 x11 in the same cassette and it detects A4 Any thoughts would be appreciated but I'm leading to something going on with the cassette?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 227

Re: Bizhub 227

Quote Originally Posted by scanmc View Post
    I've got a Bizhub 227 that on cassette #2 reads A3 instead of 11x17. pulled out the cassette and every thing seems to be in place and all switches in the machine are working properly. I loaded 81/2 x11 in the same cassette and it detects A4 Any thoughts would be appreciated but I'm leading to something going on with the cassette?

.... try manually setting tray properties via the machine. or in the machine set the measurement from MM - Inch

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub 227

Machine is set for auto detect .Tray one is only letter - legal size and working properly. When I was out there I didn't even try to insert tray #1 into tray #2 slot as I assumed it was different but maybe I should have rather than assume. If I had a cassette for testing but don't as this is a one of a kind for me

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub 227

I attached a bulletin from KMBS. Also they redid the trays for the refresh model that also works with the non refresh models and honestly that fix for the bulletin doesn't seem to stick. I usually get callbacks every couple months with the customers stating same issue. If able to just order the new tray it works way better than the old ones.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Bizhub 227

Copyrooks. Thanks for the update bulletin ---I was thinking it was something along those line.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

i replace the old trays with the new ones and has worked fine since. the bulletin is a waste of time