Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Need help with my konica c451

Hello fellows,

I am new on this forums, and I am looking for help with my machine konica bizhub c451. i have 3 problems. The first one the computer won't recognize the printer via USB. before the USB was working fine till i installed new driver then the printer couldn't work with USB at all. i have tried to install the old driver but still the computer telling me the USB is can't be recognized. The second problem is that the printer prints horizontal line in the white areas in the middle of the page whenever I choose photo mode or high resolution mode. the photos below show the problem.
    WhatsApp Image 2018-03-23 at 14.46.10.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-03-23 at 14.46.19.jpg

finally, the last problem is the machine generate noisy sound when it starts to run. the sound is like knocking or gear failure, but it prints fine .

please can anyone help me ?

Unhappy Re: Need help with my konica c451

hello again,

i have made small test. i have stopped the machine while printing to monitor the imaging unit. as shown in the picture. the is yellow toner in the middle. I also noticed that this problem appears only when I choose bypass or thick paper.

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-23 at 17.45.46.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Need help with my konica c451

Re: Need help with my konica c451

Regarding the USB installation, a good rule to follow is to DISCONNECT the USB cable from the printer/computer and install the software FIRST!! Once the installation begins, some will ask for the cable to be plugged in during the process, some won't. If you've installed the drivers, try using a different USB port...as well as checking the "PORTS" tab under Printer Properties to be sure that the port selected is in fact a USB port, and it didn't somehow switch to an LPT1 port (I've seen that happen before)

About the noise, I'd pull out all of your imaging parts (Drum/Developer/Transfer Belt) and inspect them for worn or broken gears...then reinstall them. They might have shifted slightly out of position...plus you may get lucky and notice a flat spot, or place where a drum or the transfer belt hangs up or sticks. That may wind up addressing both your issues.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Regarding the USB installation, a good rule to follow is to DISCONNECT the USB cable from the printer/computer and install the software FIRST!! Once the installation begins, some will ask for the cable to be plugged in during the process, some won't. If you've installed the drivers, try using a different USB port...as well as checking the "PORTS" tab under Printer Properties to be sure that the port selected is in fact a USB port, and it didn't somehow switch to an LPT1 port (I've seen that happen before)

About the noise, I'd pull out all of your imaging parts (Drum/Developer/Transfer Belt) and inspect them for worn or broken gears...then reinstall them. They might have shifted slightly out of position...plus you may get lucky and notice a flat spot, or place where a drum or the transfer belt hangs up or sticks. That may wind up addressing both your issues.

Good luck!
    I have solved the USB issue but i still have that middle yellow line.

Unhappy Re: Need help with my konica c451

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post

Good luck!
    i have pulled out the Transfer belt and it has the middle line of yellow toner as it is printed on the paper when i print with colored mode

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-23 at 19.29.26.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by zeyad View Post
    i have pulled out the Transfer belt and it has the middle line of yellow toner as it is printed on the paper when i print with colored mode

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-23 at 19.29.26.jpg
    looks like yellow image unit is failing. check how heavy the cleaning box is. think you will find developer in it. could just be from being worn out or dirty image unit. but also could be hv unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    looks like yellow image unit is failing. check how heavy the cleaning box is. think you will find developer in it. could just be from being worn out or dirty image unit. but also could be hv unit.
    how can it be fixed ?

i have replaced the developer 3 weeks ago

how can it be fixed ?

i have replaced the developer 3 weeks ago

did you use oem units? or did you rebuild it? the hv unit can be replaced but if you are using non genuine stuff all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    did you use oem units? or did you rebuild it? the hv unit can be replaced but if you are using non genuine stuff all bets are off.
    I have just replaced the developer powder and i have used original one .

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Need help with my konica c451

i have just replaced the developer powder and i have used original one .
    did you go thru the initialization process?