Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: c454e ghost jam

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Re: c454e ghost jam

Hi, this is a code that interest the bypass.

Check to see if there is any problem with the rollers.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

A topic ghost jam

Agreed to use the term " Ghost Jam", recently working on vintage bizhub 200/250 series. Changing the Feed Roller Assy, even main motor at back and tray lift motor Assy in rear tray. the problem remains, Tray 1 no feed at all, Tray 2 just feed up to registration sensor. Ghost jam appears with not jam code at all. Only difference with the above is easy clear the message by side door Open/Close. Now focusing on "Synchronizing Roller Sensor (PC1) " and " 1st Drawer Paper Feed Clutch (CL3)" Is there anyone know how to access the ASSY, manual doesn't mention at all, and guessing access from the side door by removing duplex and bypass unit. By monitoring Tray 2 without inserting Tray 1, the paper from tray 2 look like just feed a little driven by the Belt at rear side of Feed roller Assy, then Belt stop, manually rotate the belt by hand, seemingly locked, But Why Tray 1 didn't feed at all. I/O check useless, the same symptom.

Field Service handbook doesn't say about it. is there any service manual describe its mechanism-- the tiny Belt.

Thanks indeed for any comments.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: A topic ghost jam

Quote Originally Posted by peterxu256 View Post
    Agreed to use the term " Ghost Jam", recently working on vintage bizhub 200/250 series. Changing the Feed Roller Assy, even main motor at back and tray lift motor Assy in rear tray. the problem remains, Tray 1 no feed at all, Tray 2 just feed up to registration sensor. Ghost jam appears with not jam code at all. Only difference with the above is easy clear the message by side door Open/Close. Now focusing on "Synchronizing Roller Sensor (PC1) " and " 1st Drawer Paper Feed Clutch (CL3)" Is there anyone know how to access the ASSY, manual doesn't mention at all, and guessing access from the side door by removing duplex and bypass unit. By monitoring Tray 2 without inserting Tray 1, the paper from tray 2 look like just feed a little driven by the Belt at rear side of Feed roller Assy, then Belt stop, manually rotate the belt by hand, seemingly locked, But Why Tray 1 didn't feed at all. I/O check useless, the same symptom.

Field Service handbook doesn't say about it. is there any service manual describe its mechanism-- the tiny Belt.

Thanks indeed for any comments.
    I got a comment for you, start you're own topic?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    c454e ghost jam

joelea, you ever get this sorted out? I had something similar with "ghost jams" on a c650 and it always required power cycling to clear it--it was the PSU.
    Also, you can try to go into State Confirmation and check the condition of the sensors at the time of the ghost jam.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synaux View Post
    joelea, you ever get this sorted out? I had something similar with "ghost jams" on a c650 and it always required power cycling to clear it--it was the PSU.
    Also, you can try to go into State Confirmation and check the condition of the sensors at the time of the ghost jam.
    Yeah i can’t exactly remember but I think it ended up being to do with the bypass, I changed the tyres and haven’t had a call back yet but i suspect when they wear out the ghost jam will return.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joelea View Post
    Yeah i can’t exactly remember but I think it ended up being to do with the bypass, I changed the tyres and haven’t had a call back yet but i suspect when they wear out the ghost jam will return.
    Okay this issue has persisted.

If customer uses bypass and gets a jam it displays the jam location and the customer removes the jam. The thing is after they shut the door to carry on printing from the bypass the machine indicates another jam but doesn't give the location number (there is no jam) and the only way to clear it is to power cycle the machine.

I've disabled the extra 2 trays because thats where the jam is indicated on the display and when I did this it then said there was a jam in the external Large capacity tray but the machine doesnt even have one!

Anyway my question is has anyone had a jam on one of these that the only way to clear it is to power cycle the machine?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Could machine thinking that has external large capacity tray in service mode?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Could machine thinking that has external large capacity tray in service mode?
    I don't think. It will find in automatic

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    c454e ghost jam

I had something like that with a C454 and it turned out the optional side LCC LU-301 board was bad. I was able to get machine working by unplugging the LU from machine until I returned with.