Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: biz 282

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

biz 282

Message M4 for maintence appeared . I cleared PC life replaced opc and developer and from special parts, counter cleared all counters. I|n order to remove message M4 i cleared copy kit counter . I performed F8.
    When tried to use machine error 2557 appeared . I noticed that toner bottle was empty and adts, counter cleared all counters then i removed d new toner but error 2557 remains . Any idea ?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: biz 282

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    Message M4 for maintence appeared . I cleared PC life replaced opc and developer and from special parts, counter cleared all counters. I|n order to remove message M4 i cleared copy kit counter . I performed F8.
    When tried to use machine error 2557 appeared . I noticed that toner bottle was empty and adts, counter cleared all counters then i removed d new toner but error 2557 remains . Any idea ?
    Clear counter again...start from scratch ok

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    biz 282

Not sure if fixed by 2 series... but, check that all associated counters DID reset.

I would give it some toner to work with, before the F8.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    biz 282

Quote Originally Posted by CraigW View Post
    Not sure if fixed by 2 series... but, check that all associated counters DID reset.

I would give it some toner to work with, before the F8.
    I'm sorry but WHAT?
    The entire reason to run f8 with new developer is that it's premeasured and gives the correct atdc level. Once you add toner or even make copies you totally defeat the intended procedure.
    Sorry but I totally disagree.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

service technician 50+ Posts

go into level history and see what the atdc sensor is reading, if it is over 7.5 the toner add solenoid may not be working and it keeps adding more toner than needed, which will give you the c2557 code.

Quote Originally Posted by K-3 View Post
    go into level history and see what the atdc sensor is reading, if it is over 7.5 the toner add solenoid may not be working and it keeps adding more toner than needed, which will give you the c2557 code.
    I checked atdc sensor value and it was 177 . I changed it to 185 with no result. cleared again pc life and developer counters turned off and on machine and it worked for few prints and copies. I noticed that the image is very good but vivid enough ,something that customer noticed and told me to make it lighter. after few prints error 2557 appeared again.
    Can it be toner solenoid at that exact time? And if it is . Do i need to replace it? Any idea?

I checked atdc sensor value and it was 177 . I changed it to 185 with no result. cleared again pc life and developer counters turned off and on machine and it worked for few prints and copies. I noticed that the image is very good but vivid enough ,something that customer noticed and told me to make it lighter. after few prints error 2557 appeared again.
    Can it be toner solenoid at that exact time? And if it is . Do i need to replace it? Any idea?
    I checked and fixed toner solenoid but the same
    When error 2557 appers i must clear again PC life and developer in order to deisapper error 2557.
    But again only after PClife and developer clear error disappers and appers after some prints.
    When i did ths some timew when tried to make copies it stops at fusing and error 2557 appears. When i turn off/on machine code 2557 dis appered . but again paper stops at fusing and error 2775.
    Any idea?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Paper stop prior to fuser is normal for c2557. Ignore.
    As has been said:
    1) Zero the pc life counters. Turn off by main rocker switch. Go back into svc and verify they are zero, then go to F8.
    Previous comment about 7.5% reflects newer series?? My normal range of ATDC is around 145 after doing this a few hundred times. You cannot play with that more than a slight tweak of about + or - 4, then you have to run the heck out of it to stir in more or remove excess toner depending on what your doing.
    In this case, just start at #1 above.

When fixing toner solenoids (do both solenoids) ...remove rotten foam & adhesive, THEN ADD ABOUT 3-4 LAYERS OF ELECTRICAL TAPE OR CORK OR RUBBER AS A SHIM WHERE THE FOAM WAS SO THE SOLENOID PLATE DOES NOT CONTACT METAL. IT CAN STICK BY MAGNETISM JUST LIKE THE ADHESIVE CAUSED!!! FACT! ALWAYS GLUE IN A SHIM OR TAPE. (4 LAYERS OF TAPE WORKS FOR ME.) YOU SHOULD SEE A GAP SO PLATE IS NOT CONTACTING SOLENOID.

Now clear counters, turn off, go back & verify pc life counters are zero and go to F8. After F8, go to the tech rep/printer/ATDC and write down the number (like 145??)

If you have darker test prints than desired, go to svc mode, Tech Rep Choice/Printer/Set grid voltage to +2 and density to -3. that is all the lightest you can affect. Not much, but helps with some darker drums & old/used charge grids. You can also go to user settings, tab 4 I think, and set print density to lightest.

After having no more c2557 codes, if overtoned, you can then back down the ATDC by no more than 3 or 4 and burn off some toner. Then you must run plenty of white pages, or use user management, use toner add to stir at least two cycles to mix the dev. It will not add toner unless the sensor detects it is low. If it codes c255X, you adjusted too far, too fast. You have to adjust the ATDC up or down slowly or it will code... I think the lower the ATDC number, the less toner will be replenished. EXAMPLE: go from ATDC 155 after the F8 to 151, (no more than 4 at a time) run about 4 skyshots, then run plenty of whites to stir dev. Don't change ATDC more than about 10 + or - total from the original F8 you wrote down.

Quote Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
    Paper stop prior to fuser is normal for c2557. Ignore.
    As has been said:
    1) Zero the pc life counters. Turn off by main rocker switch. Go back into svc and verify they are zero, then go to F8.
    Previous comment about 7.5% reflects newer series?? My normal range of ATDC is around 145 after doing this a few hundred times. You cannot play with that more than a slight tweak of about + or - 4, then you have to run the heck out of it to stir in more or remove excess toner depending on what your doing.
    In this case, just start at #1 above.

When fixing toner solenoids (do both solenoids) ...remove rotten foam & adhesive, THEN ADD ABOUT 3-4 LAYERS OF ELECTRICAL TAPE OR CORK OR RUBBER AS A SHIM WHERE THE FOAM WAS SO THE SOLENOID PLATE DOES NOT CONTACT METAL. IT CAN STICK BY MAGNETISM JUST LIKE THE ADHESIVE CAUSED!!! FACT! ALWAYS GLUE IN A SHIM OR TAPE. (4 LAYERS OF TAPE WORKS FOR ME.) YOU SHOULD SEE A GAP SO PLATE IS NOT CONTACTING SOLENOID.

Now clear counters, turn off, go back & verify pc life counters are zero and go to F8. After F8, go to the tech rep/printer/ATDC and write down the number (like 145??)
    If you have darker test prints than desired, go to svc mode, Tech Rep Choice/Printer/Set grid voltage to +2 and density to -3. that is all the lightest you can affect. Not much, but helps with some darker drums & old/used charge grids. You can also go to user settings, tab 4 I think, and set print density to lightest.

After having no more c2557 codes, if overtoned, you can then back down the ATDC by no more than 3 or 4 and burn off some toner. Then you must run plenty of white pages, or use user management, use toner add to stir at least two cycles to mix the dev. It will not add toner unless the sensor detects it is low. If it codes c255X, you adjusted too far, too fast. You have to adjust the ATDC up or down slowly or it will code... I think the lower the ATDC number, the less toner will be replenished. EXAMPLE: go from ATDC 155 after the F8 to 151, (no more than 4 at a time) run about 4 skyshots, then run plenty of whites to stir dev. Don't change ATDC more than about 10 + or - total from the original F8 you wrote down.

If i replace again developer clear PClife (do i have to clear developer too?) replace developer and execute F8 will error 2557 dissapear?
    Is there any chance the provious service to to set up machine in that way when perplace dev and drum some other arrangement has to take place?

If i replace again developer clear PClife (do i have to clear developer too?) replace developer and execute F8 will error 2557 dissapear?
    Is there any chance the provious service to to set up machine in that way when perplace dev and drum some other arrangement has to take place?
    I cleared counters PC life and developer then i replaced developer again and executed F8. When F8 finished error 255c appered turned on and of machine and error 2557 again. I am sure i have done everything properly i ask (again)Is there any chance the provious service to to set up machine in that way when perplace dev and drum some other arrangement has to take place?[/QUOTE]