Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

C353 with a yellow background

Hi guys,

I have a C353 that has a yellow background. It started when the customer replaced the black image unit. Had another guy out to look at it and he was trying to adjust the yellow laser print head. In the color regit, today when I was there the yellow was at -12, cyan was at 8 and the magenta was at 8. The manual says they should be +- 4. Was getting a P-21 and P-8 warning. I took the yellow print head out and looked at the adjustment screw and it looked like it was out alot farther then the others. So I moved it back in to were I thought that other ones were. Put the print head back in and all I got was C-4553 and would not start up. This is a billable customer and we have about 6 hours into this. Just wondering if any one has come across this.

Thanks
    KEN

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Re: C353 with a yellow background

check all your connections and how the PH is sitting in its spot. maybe dirt is under one side changing the angle?
    or

Error
    C4551,C4552,C4553,C4554

Root Cause
    Error code C4551, C4552, C4553 or C4554.

Workaround/Fix
    CAUSE: The angle of the Start-of-Scan (SoS) mirror has changed due to low temperature abnormalities.

SOLUTION: Please install the following firmware version or above:
    Model Minimum Firmware Version
    bizhub C353P C353P_A02E-0Y0-0050-G2A-0900
    bizhub C353 A02E0Y0-F000-GWH-R6
    bizhub C253 A02E0Y0-F000-GXH-R6
    bizhub C203 A02E0Y0-F000-GYH-R6
    The latest version firmware or system software is available via the Konica Minolta Download Selector. Access the Selector from SSD Web Support (CS Expert Support) by clicking on 'Download MSDS, Drivers, Firmware and more'.
    IMPORTANT: If Special firmware version GWD-R6 for bizhub C353; GXD-R6 for bizhub C253; GYD-R6 for bizhub C203 is already installed, please update to the latest version shown above.
    This firmware will force the polygon mirror to rotate causing the temperature to rise in the PH unit. The machine will then attempt the SoS 10 times at one minute intervals. If the SoS still cannot be obtained, the machine will code with C4551 (Cyan), C4552 (Magenta), C4553 (Yellow) or C4554 (Black). If this happens, please replace the original print head assembly with a modified one (p/n A02E R702 11 for the bizhub C203/C253 and p/n A02E R701 22 for the bizhub C353/C353P).
    Notes:
    1. The current and modified print heads look alike. After being removed from the packaging, the modified print heads can be identified by the print head serial number.
    2. Under normal circumstances all 4 write units should be replaced as a set. An order quantity of 1 provides the 4 write units needed for a machine. In case of an emergency situation only, replacing individual units (from a returned machine, demo room machine, etc.) can be done.
    3. The following serial numbers already have the modified print head assembly installed.
    Model Serial Number
    bizhub C353P A02E013000060 and onward
    bizhub C353 A02E010005614 and onward
    bizhub C253 A02E011005565 and onward
    bizhub C203 A02E012004274 and onward
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Did you at least try a different yellow IU before messing with the laser adj? I had 75 of these in the field at one time and never had to adj the lasers. I have seen weird stuff like putting in a black and when stabilizing throws off another color IU. Now that the machine is nearing 10 yrs old and no longer supported by Kon/Min anything is possible. Could of lost the high voltage for the yellow background, etc.

Always been the IU for me if just one color issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kenpio View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a C353 that has a yellow background. It started when the customer replaced the black image unit. Had another guy out to look at it and he was trying to adjust the yellow laser print head. In the color regit, today when I was there the yellow was at -12, cyan was at 8 and the magenta was at 8. The manual says they should be +- 4. Was getting a P-21 and P-8 warning. I took the yellow print head out and looked at the adjustment screw and it looked like it was out alot farther then the others. So I moved it back in to were I thought that other ones were. Put the print head back in and all I got was C-4553 and would not start up. This is a billable customer and we have about 6 hours into this. Just wondering if any one has come across this.

Thanks
    KEN
    Try replacing the chip of the yellow UI. It's cheap to try.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920V mediante Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Is yellow over the WHOLE print? If yes, take a close look of the hv-springs. They sometimes jump of the contacts - background over the whole print/copy.
    Greetings...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Is yellow over the WHOLE print? If yes, take a close look of the hv-springs. They sometimes jump of the contacts - background over the whole print/copy.
    Greetings...
    You can also get this if the print head has failed. You could try swapping them around to see if the fault moves.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

A test print of Y gradation or anything would help. "Y background"... light, heavy? IDK why thy laser was ever messed with. I find the Y I.U. seems to dust and fail before others on most Bizhubs. Try a used Y I.U. to t/s with.