Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Bizhub C227 "Insufficient Memory" . Error.

Hi,
    Have a customers machine giving an error when he tries to scan a large number of pages. The error is : "The job has been deleted due to insufficient memory" displayed on the C227. The machine is only 2 months old and has only made 1500 BW prints and 150 Colour prints.
    He is scanning to 2 mac's and the error appears after the document processor has fed 50 or more pages, nothing arriving at the mac's at all. I have also tried scanning to my own mac using a crossover cable but get the same error.
    I have tried a new HDD but get the same error. ( I used the new HDD on a C227 in our showroom yesterday and managed to scan 100 plus pages to my mac with no problems ).
    The scanning properties are : 300dpi and Compact PDF but it does not matter what dpi or scan type you select.
    I have run out of ideas apart from changing the MFPB so has anyone here had this problem ?
    Also, I know that this operator is one that has messed with settings in the past few weeks, are there any settings for security etc that I should be checking that would cause the machine to do this.

Many thanks ....... Gary

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C227 "Insufficient Memory" . Error.

Double check that HDD is electronically installed. Perhaps perform logical and physical format.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Only found 2 things in the un-Knowledge base on KM website. One is, make sure the HDD is set and operational, otherwise:

Insufficient Memory message, also CE301 or CFA14 error codes.
    Problem Solution

ID: KBA00035555
    Related Products:bizhub MarketPlace,bizhub 227,bizhub 287,bizhub 308,bizhub 367,bizhub 368,bizhub 458,bizhub 558,bizhub 808,bizhub 958,bizhub C227,bizhub C258,bizhub C287,bizhub C308,bizhub C368,bizhub C3851FS,bizhub C458,bizhub C658

Problem: Insufficient Memory message, also CE301 or CFA14 error codes.

CAUSE: Problem causing CE301 by operation of screen transition of browser application. Problem with CFA14 caused by repeated operation of launching OpenAPI application / MFP standard function(copy etc) from IWS application

SOLUTION: Some Special firmwares are available: GG1-R9 should resolve both these error codes.
    If CFA14 is not resolved then update to GG6-R9 which is available for most models in this series, should be available for the other machines by end of March 2018 .
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C227  "Insufficient Memory" . Error.

Yes if the HDD is set & working then update to the latest firmware & function version.

These 7 series have been a bit 'buggy' not as stable as previous models.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Hi, are you sure that by memory you mean HDD? I think he means RAM.

I've had this problem recently with some customers. The problem happens when printing a PDF from Chrome browser. In fact if they try to print from Word / Excel the problem does not occur. Or just that first download the file and then print it.

I advise you to turn the machine off and on again. In this way you will empty the ram

Did you do a clear memory?
    Backup your address book

Hi

Did you find the cause of this? We are having the same issue when scanning to email on a specific user but only on certain days at certain times. We are looking more towards space in the mailbox rather than a machine issue but still not 100% sure.

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Bizhub C227  "Insufficient Memory" . Error.

Quote Originally Posted by copierbarnsley View Post
    Hi

Did you find the cause of this? We are having the same issue when scanning to email on a specific user but only on certain days at certain times. We are looking more towards space in the mailbox rather than a machine issue but still not 100% sure.

Thanks
    Check in CE mode If the HDD is set & working, then update to the latest firmware & function version.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

@copierbarnsley try this:
    [Administrator Settings]> [System Settings]> [PDF Settings]> [Compact PDF Settings]>[Prioritize Quality]
    Set Software SW No.103 0x04
    Good luck
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copierbarnsley View Post
    Hi

Thanks
    I had the same problem as you and I still don't know if it has been solved. Also in my case a full mailbox was suspected.