Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

BH454e Missing 1" wide section of print front to rear.

Whats up guys? Working on a Bizhub 454e that randomly misses a 1" section of print at times. This has been an ongoing issue and the customer is a tax office so automatically equals good times especially this time of year. Goes from front to rear and on different types of documents. Emails, Web pages etc. I changed all the drivers from PCL to PS and no change. Ive replaced both the MFP and Main control board and this has been over a month and shes called back again for same issue. I did call KMBS and his answer to get with the service manager and start replacing parts because it could be many different things. Firmware is good, drum and dv unit is good. No codes. Machine is less than a year old and this may show up a day later or a month later. Any idea what may be going on with this thing? Oh, the area that is blank is a perfect edge digitally smooth and does move.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: BH454e Missing 1" wide section of print front to rear.

Quote Originally Posted by DSharpe View Post
    Whats up guys? Working on a Bizhub 454e that randomly misses a 1" section of print at times. This has been an ongoing issue and the customer is a tax office so automatically equals good times especially this time of year. Goes from front to rear and on different types of documents. Emails, Web pages etc. I changed all the drivers from PCL to PS and no change. Ive replaced both the MFP and Main control board and this has been over a month and shes called back again for same issue. I did call KMBS and his answer to get with the service manager and start replacing parts because it could be many different things. Firmware is good, drum and dv unit is good. No codes. Machine is less than a year old and this may show up a day later or a month later. Any idea what may be going on with this thing? Oh, the area that is blank is a perfect edge digitally smooth and does move.
    check the image on the transfer belt if you have a full image there , id be suspecting 2nd transfer roller, if its messed up on the belt id say laser. if the supplies are way beyond count, these units tend to overdrive the high voltage and arc.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    check the image on the transfer belt if you have a full image there , id be suspecting 2nd transfer roller, if its messed up on the belt id say laser. if the supplies are way beyond count, these units tend to overdrive the high voltage and arc.
    The drum itself is fairly new and the machine has around 95k on it. The problem is that it may do it only one time and it may take a few weeks or more to show up. Totally random. Could be related to the belt but where it cuts off this print the edge crisp, skips one inch or so and picks the print up again. I had it in my shop and put 6000 copies on it after the boards were replaced and it never missed a beat. Been back at customer a little over a month and she called back in yesterday for sale problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The drum itself is fairly new and the machine has around 95k on it. The problem is that it may do it only one time and it may take a few weeks or more to show up. Totally random. Could be related to the belt but where it cuts off this print the edge crisp, skips one inch or so and picks the print up again. I had it in my shop and put 6000 copies on it after the boards were replaced and it never missed a beat. Been back at customer a little over a month and she called back in yesterday for sale problem.

wall power? beyond that best first guess would be print head (or very slim chance the sub board giong to it,.) one other way out there possibility is humidity in the environment.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Albonline View Post
    wall power? beyond that best first guess would be print head (or very slim chance the sub board giong to it,.) one other way out there possibility is humidity in the environment.
    Im going to run a powertronics monitor out there tomorrow and see whats up and just leave it a few days. Ill have her jot down the time on the issue if it shows it self and then go back to the monitor and see if something happened about the same time. PH after that if nothing shows up. Ill upload a picture tomorrow of the problem as well. Thanks man

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

are you sure that it isn't a scanned doc she is trying to re-print?

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar

Have you replaced the hdd , might be a good place to start

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jamesyboy View Post
    Have you replaced the hdd , might be a good place to start
    HDD has not been replaced......yet.

Technician

SAMPLE OF PROBLEM. Can be anything they are sending to the machine from emails, web pages or tax software.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

check the corona cleaner, ill bet its not in the home position. also use the wand to clean the lasers.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.