Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C454e

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C454e

C454e

I have a customer with a C454e and they want to make one of the paper trays inaccessible. I can do this at the machine by creating a custom screen profile. The question I have is, is it possible to make the paper tray inaccessible from the print driver? They want to put cheques into this tray and not have people print or copy onto them except the person who is supposed to print on them.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: C454e

Yes just pick a paper type. But leaving blank checks in copier all the time?????????

Seems retarded as ANYONE can take them.

Would get that person there own desktop printer

Don't think you could do from the driver as if they print from MS and pick that tray it will override any print driver setting

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    C454e

Think the easiest way would be to set that tray to custom or special. Then the only way it will pull from that tray is if you go into printer properties and select it.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C454e

Unfortunately just picking a paper type does not isolate the tray. I am aware of this option.
    What the customer would like is for the tray to be unavailable for anyone but the person printing cheques.
    Also, they are considering putting a hasp and lock on the tray to keep it secure(ish).
    Thanks for the suggestions.

service technician 50+ Posts

i don't think this is possible to isolate only one tray, except by changing paper type so no one else can print to it by accident or on purpose. you could try changing default trays for printing, but if someone picks that tray from driver it will print to that tray.

Go into user settings, paper tray settings. You can un highlight which tray has checks from the "auto" feature. This works for both copying and printing. The only way the tray can be used is if it manually selected by the person. I would also recommend changing the paper type if they have more than two trays and want to keep tray switching functional.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C454e

Why don't they use the bypass for checks like a normal user?
    If they print that many checks get a 100.00 printer at staples and be done with it.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C454e

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Why don't they use the bypass for checks like a normal user?
    If they print that many checks get a 100.00 printer at staples and be done with it.
    They print to a desktop printer now, but they want to consolidate all their printing to the C454e. The more they print to it the better for us, and them.
    I didn't tell them it could be done, just that I would find out.
    Thanks.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C454e

It's impossible to lock out a tray and still be accessible for checks only.
    I mean you can set a tray for like letterhead or special paper so the auto paper tray switching won't use it unless specified bit you can still select the tray at the panel for copies.
    Also depending on the checks some have the dotted line perf which is rough and wares out the drum or transfer belt early but there are smooth perf checks which perform better and don't cause Dame but the checks come apart depending on the quality.
    Unfortunately people have a misconception of the copiers capabilities.
    It's classified as a plain paper copier that can periodically use special or thick paper for short runs.
    I still maintain for best results use the bypass and take the bypass out of the auto paper selection.
    Good luck but I think they will be dissapointed there is no way I know of to lock out a tray from copying but be available for printing.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C454e

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    It's impossible to lock out a tray and still be accessible for checks only.
    I mean you can set a tray for like letterhead or special paper so the auto paper tray switching won't use it unless specified bit you can still select the tray at the panel for copies.
    Also depending on the checks some have the dotted line perf which is rough and wares out the drum or transfer belt early but there are smooth perf checks which perform better and don't cause Dame but the checks come apart depending on the quality.
    Unfortunately people have a misconception of the copiers capabilities.
    It's classified as a plain paper copier that can periodically use special or thick paper for short runs.
    I still maintain for best results use the bypass and take the bypass out of the auto paper selection.
    Good luck but I think they will be dissapointed there is no way I know of to lock out a tray from copying but be available for printing.
    Locking the tray out for copying is the easy part. I just use the "Panel Customizing Tool". Locking it out from printing is proving to be the difficult part.
    Thanks for the suggestions.