Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Konica minolta/canon c620 error code c-3102

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    gotta be a c6500/1
    oce had a 650 that was the same.
    im going on a hunch it looks like this?
    Hi Synthohol,
    I will try to get some pictures of it for you. It doesn't look like that. I will also try to figure out how to put the pics here. I have no idea how.
    thanks,
    David

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I think you were right about the 6500 thing. I think all the other attachments confused me. Here is a link to some site that has a picture of it.

Konica Minolta C6500 Oce branded CS-620 Copier Printer Scanner Finisher

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Konica minolta/canon c620 error code c-3102

Oce makes more sense. Didn't think Canon & K/M would get into bed together

There is a fierce battle for market share between these #1 & #2 companies.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi guys. Here is a picture of the screen when it comes up from holding the utility button for the 10 seconds. We can't find the Trouble Reset button.
    Thanks for your help.
    David

IMG_0822 for web.jpg

service technician 50+ Posts

to reset a fuser code you need to get into service mode believe #3 system setting, then software switch setting and set dipswitch #3-1 from a 1 to 0 turn off then on. there is no trouble reset screen on the C6500.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by K-3 View Post
    to reset a fuser code you need to get into service mode believe #3 system setting, then software switch setting and set dipswitch #3-1 from a 1 to 0 turn off then on. there is no trouble reset screen on the C6500.
    Hi K-3,
    Thank you sooooooo much for your information. I was able to get to where I needed to be but ran into a little trouble. I wouldn't even have got this far without your help as I kept looking for that Trouble Reset thing. I am attaching a picture of where I got to but I don't understand what numbers to put where. If you could guide me I would be very grateful. Also, my other question is this. Do you have to do the reset even if you change the gears and shaft or will it just know that it is fixed? I would like to try the reset just to see if it comes up.
    Thanks for all your help so far. I really appreciate it and you are making me look good to my boss as well.
    David

SOFTWARE SWITCH SETTING.jpg

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jumeda33 View Post
    Hi K-3,
    Thank you sooooooo much for your information. I was able to get to where I needed to be but ran into a little trouble. I wouldn't even have got this far without your help as I kept looking for that Trouble Reset thing. I am attaching a picture of where I got to but I don't understand what numbers to put where. If you could guide me I would be very grateful. Also, my other question is this. Do you have to do the reset even if you change the gears and shaft or will it just know that it is fixed? I would like to try the reset just to see if it comes up.
    Thanks for all your help so far. I really appreciate it and you are making me look good to my boss as well.
    David

SOFTWARE SWITCH SETTING.jpg
    If it's a fuser code it will not clear on it's own. The software switch thing is a hold out from the old Konica's basically it's a safety function. You might get lucky and reset the code and will run fine, but generally the code happened for a reason.

Your story reminds me of a customer that asked us to work on their Ikon C550(i believe that's the model). After seeking advice from techs on this forum, we turned it down. Ultimately it may have cost us a sale of additional production machines, but we don't work on them so I don't like to promise to fix things I cannot guarantee to fix.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

@jumeda33
    Set dipsw as shown on the your edited photo,hit return button and restart machine.
    If code appear soon again you must search for problem,propably fuser sensor.
    Do not try to reset this error multiple times because you can cause bigger problem and it is not safe,cause for error must be solved.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    @jumeda33
    Set dipsw as shown on the your edited photo,hit return button and restart machine.
    If code appear soon again you must search for problem,propably fuser sensor.
    Do not try to reset this error multiple times because you can cause bigger problem and it is not safe,cause for error must be solved.
    Hi Toxic,
    Thanks a million for that info. That was great. Don't know how you did it but it was awesome and exactly what I needed to know. In case you didn't figure it out already, I am not a tech. I am an employee with mechanical experience. I used to repair our old Oce 9800 machines after Oce would no longer service them. This is why I need detailed information like you guys have provided. It seems like the general consensus is the 3 white gears and the shaft that is causing the problem. Thanks to Synthohol, he posted part numbers for these. I am going to the office this morning and will give it a try and I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again for returning my image with such awesome details.
    David

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Konica minolta/canon c620 error code c-3102

those white gears are one way gears, take special care to install them in the correct direction.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.