Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Konica minolta/canon c620 error code c-3102

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    those white gears are one way gears, take special care to install them in the correct direction.
    Thanks for that. Hopefully there is a way for me to tell which way is right. I just tried the reset and got the same code. I guess its on to ordering the gears and shaft. I will keep you guys posted. Cant thank you guys enough for the help so far.
    David

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi guys,
    I have a new update since my previous post of resetting and it not working. After I posted that I had another idea. I reset it one more time. Then I took the cover off so I could see the gears. Then I turned the machine back on so it could initialize. I saw the round silver motor looking thing spinning as well as all of the gears, except the two white ones that you guys have been referring to. So, it coded again of course. Oh, forgot to mention that before I did all this I tried to turn those gears by hand and they were very hard to turn. I know they won't go in one direction but they were hard to turn the other way. Felt like they were almost stuck. I did get them to turn so I was hoping by getting them to go by hand then the machine would work. Nope, no go. Does this tell you guys anything?
    Thanks again for all your help.
    David

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Konica minolta/canon c620 error code c-3102

Spray IPA on the gear axles and rotate using the motor. Sometimes that will temporarily allow proper grip on the one ways just to confirm but I'll bet it is
    Them.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Spray IPA on the gear axles and rotate using the motor. Sometimes that will temporarily allow proper grip on the one ways just to confirm but I'll bet it is
    Them.
    I am betting you are right so I am going to order them with the info you provided me. thanks a million again and I will let you know how it goes.

service technician 50+ Posts

The silver spinning thing is the fuser drive motor, it rotates in both direction. one-way to feed paper thru and the other is to provide pressure for the lower roller, that is what the oneway gears are for. you also have a one-way gear on the upper roller for the fuser belt. most likely the C3102 code is the 3 white gears, but i have had a bearing lock up on both the lower and the upper rollers that also cause jamming, but also thru the fuser code. so if you still get a code after replacing the gears check them.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by K-3 View Post
    The silver spinning thing is the fuser drive motor, it rotates in both direction. one-way to feed paper thru and the other is to provide pressure for the lower roller, that is what the oneway gears are for. you also have a one-way gear on the upper roller for the fuser belt. most likely the C3102 code is the 3 white gears, but i have had a bearing lock up on both the lower and the upper rollers that also cause jamming, but also thru the fuser code. so if you still get a code after replacing the gears check them.
    Hi K-3,
    Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it's just the gears everyone is describing. I was wondering if anybody has a .pdf of the service manual so I can sort of follow along as I am taking it apart and trying to repair it.
    thanks.