Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bizhub C280 error C2554

are you using genuine toner?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C280 error C2554

the solution was a new ITB cleaner blade

it was not cleaning the calibration marks correctly, leaving a slight smudge which resulted in wrong readings, hence the high M toner density level reading - fitted a new blade, ran gradations and she came good

thank you all for your assistance, very much appreciated

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Bizhub C280 error C2554

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    many thanks gentlemen - i will try your suggestions
    Following up to see if your issue has been resolved.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boltaction View Post
    Following up to see if your issue has been resolved.
    See the post directly above yours.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Bizhub C280 error C2554

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    See the post directly above yours.
    Dang. Well, I thought I could read... These copiers are making me lose my mind.

Technician

Hello everyone
    I am interested if there is anyone who can help me with a problem that appeared on a Bizhub C360. I replaced all the color cylinders (cmy) with the black cylinders original because they are cheaper of course changing the chips on each color. It's ok but a C2554 error appeared on the magenta color developer. I also replace the chip on the magenta development unit but for nothing, the error persists. The tcr value for all development modules is about 6 - 7 percent.
    When c2554 appears this value is 11-12 percent to the module developer magenta.
    I also tried to replace the magenta development module that I previously loaded with the original magenta developer (220 grams DV610M) plus a chip, the result being c2554.
    I mention that I use original toners. Does anyone know how to store the TCR (toner density in the developer) value on this device or how this setting can be made ? I also replaced the magenta development module with one that has expired in terms of number of prints (115,000) with a new chip, the result being all error c2554. ThxI also tried to replace the magenta development module that I previously loaded with the original magenta developer (220 grams DV610M) plus a chip, the result being c2554.
    Last edited by cristachecri; 01-23-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cristachecri View Post
    Hello everyone
    I am interested if there is anyone who can help me with a problem that appeared on a Bizhub C360. I replaced all the color cylinders (cmy) with the black cylinders original because they are cheaper of course changing the chips on each color. It's ok but a C2554 error appeared on the magenta color developer. I also replace the chip on the magenta development unit but for nothing, the error persists. The tcr value for all development modules is about 6 - 7 percent.
    When c2554 appears this value is 11-12 percent to the module developer magenta.
    I also tried to replace the magenta development module that I previously loaded with the original magenta developer (220 grams DV610M) plus a chip, the result being c2554.
    I mention that I use original toners. Does anyone know how to store the TCR (toner density in the developer) value on this device or how this setting can be made ? I also replaced the magenta development module with one that has expired in terms of number of prints (115,000) with a new chip, the result being all error c2554. ThxI also tried to replace the magenta development module that I previously loaded with the original magenta developer (220 grams DV610M) plus a chip, the result being c2554.

Have you used DV610 before? Should work fine and should work out cheap enough never used the production dev for that before.
    Sounds like the dev unit is not resetting. Check under consumable life or in service mode if the unit did actually reset check M value and the new article detection date. Like i mentioned pin 1 and 5 on the dev unit connector can be shorted out while the door switch is made for a second and a bit. C2554 is like you know if the TCR value is above 8%.
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Have you used DV610 before? Should work fine and should work out cheap enough never used the production dev for that before.
    Sounds like the dev unit is not resetting. Check under consumable life or in service mode if the unit did actually reset check M value and the new article detection date. Like i mentioned pin 1 and 5 on the dev unit connector can be shorted out while the door switch is made for a second and a bit. C2554 is like you know if the TCR value is above 8%.
    Hey allan you just replied to his post from 2 years before...
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.