Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bizhub 454e with error code of CFA14

To start off I have looked through most of the threads on here for CFA14 and have tried everything mentioned, however, nothing has worked so far. I have replaced the MFPB, HDD, and memory. I have currently removed the dual scan board and wiped the HDD and formatting it now. SSD has been formatted and does have the latest firmware for the SSD and machine firmware has been updated too. When I look at the Management list it shows a detailed code of 0x0767 along with the CFA17. Any one have any idea of what this detailed code of 0x0767 is?

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub 454e with error code of CFA14

Quote Originally Posted by kberrian View Post
    To start off I have looked through most of the threads on here for CFA14 and have tried everything mentioned, however, nothing has worked so far. I have replaced the MFPB, HDD, and memory. I have currently removed the dual scan board and wiped the HDD and formatting it now. SSD has been formatted and does have the latest firmware for the SSD and machine firmware has been updated too. When I look at the Management list it shows a detailed code of 0x0767 along with the CFA17. Any one have any idea of what this detailed code of 0x0767 is?
    That "abort code" is normally a HDD issue (or very rarely , the MFP board but not usually) Issue usually resolved by replacing the hard drive and updating the firmware. Since you already replaced the hard drive and other components.....might be something really rare like the control panel causing the problem.
    P.S. Tried but could not find any info for you on that detailed code of 0x0767. When you unset the HDD in service mode will it boot normally?
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 07-03-2018 at 01:37 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

So is the machine working and randomly has this error code or is the machine constantly in this state?

Have you tried the machine with HDD unplugged?

I know on C258 there is special Firmware update to combat this issue but i'm unaware of one for the 4 Series but maybe worth contacting KM to see if there is.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

only happens with a print job yes?
    if so load the correct PS driver and uncheck the "excel job control" under the "Other" tab under advanced, printing defaults, Other.
    ive seen that because of that box. also make sure the copier has spool to HDD turned on and the paper conversion is set to yes for a3/a4=8.5x11 and 11x17
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Hi, was wondering if you reached a solution on this, I am having the exact same issue, 0x0767 codes, internal error has occured, fa14 codes. We have tried a new hdd, same problem, does it when the network cable is unplugged, it`s on the latest firmware. My next option is the mfpb, but if that doesn`t fix it, it`s a lot of money to throw at it.

When I do a diagnostic check, everything comes back ok, we had this problem back in May, ordered a main board, but the customer said it was working fine by the time it had arrived, so we sent it back, not had a problem again until this week and now it`s doing the same thing, it`s very strange.

Any help/advice on this would be greatfully appreciated.

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

On the E series if you have have replaced the mfp board, hdd and memory etc and are pulling your hair out with persistant FA14 (and its not a printjob, ie disconnected from network) on bootup, try this;

ONLY WITH ABOVE MENTIONED SYMPTOM

Disable HDD,
    unplug HDD sata cable,
    Restart machine,
    While machine is on and ready, go into service mode and plug hdd sata cable back in, turn HDD back on then goto hdd format and complete logical. ALL WHILE MACHINE IS LEFT ON.
    Restart machine and format hdd again.

this has worked for me 3 times now with the above mentioned symptom - hard locked at FA14 even with new hdd at every boot. FW old or even of latest version doesnt fix it.

Not an official fix, it's my fix and as mentioned has fixed 3 machines that were destined for the crusher and has not returned.

Just an update on my problem, the mfpb didn`t fix the fault (wasn`t massivly confident it would to be honest)

In the end we swapped the Emmc board and fingers crossed everything seems fine so far.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

There is a lot of "Special Firmware" postings for this error. Have you applied those as well?

[QUOTE = Gaffers01; 639664] Então a máquina está funcionando e tem esse código de erro aleatoriamente ou está constantemente neste estado?

Você já experimentou a máquina com o HDD desconectado?

Eu sei que no C258 há uma atualização especial de firmware para combater esse problema, mas não tenho conhecimento de uma para o Série 4, mas talvez valha a pena entrar em contato com KM para ver se há. [/ QUOTE]

a minha C258 esta com esse problema de HDD, ja troquei por um novo e continua, onde posso achar essa atualização de firmware?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had one that I replaced the Control panel on and it fixed it. I have another one doing the same thing. Going to try a different panel on that one as well but haven't gotten around to doing it. Good Luck