Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Bizhub C220 "please reload tray" and prints from wrong trays

This copier has peculiar symptoms. Tray 1 and 2 roller were replaced with oem rollers.

1 - After the machine is in standby and I copy or print it feeds the paper out and then the message comes "load paper in tray", even if I run single copy,
    it does it on tray 1 and 2, after opening and closing the trays I can run 100 copies no problem.
    Many time the first sheet fed will jam in the transport rollers, right door, but only the first sheet, after that it runs fine.
    The machine LCD shows correct sizes in the trays.

2 - From the computer trying to print, the copier always trys printing from tray 2, even if I select specific tray like Manual or Tray 1, and then it have the same symptom as describe in case 1.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C220 "please reload tray" and prints from wrong trays

Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    This copier has peculiar symptoms. Tray 1 and 2 roller were replaced with oem rollers.
    1 - After the machine is in standby and I copy or print it feeds the paper out and then the message comes "load paper in tray", even if I run single copy,
    it does it on tray 1 and 2, after opening and closing the trays I can run 100 copies no problem.
    Many time the first sheet fed will jam in the transport rollers, right door, but only the first sheet, after that it runs fine.
    The machine LCD shows correct sizes in the trays.
    2 - From the computer trying to print, the copier always trys printing from tray 2, even if I select specific tray like Manual or Tray 1, and then it have the same symptom as describe in case 1.

sounds like either print driver or format of the documents or paper type/size not set correctly

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Bizhub C220 "please reload tray" and prints from wrong trays

I have had this model do something similar if the registration clutch is bad. It will jam, then display load correct paper/size type. Also make sure the registration roller bushings are not bound up. I’m not sure if this is a perfect match to what you have going on, but it’s something to look at.