Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JParkey01

Angry brand new c658 jamming out of the box

Hello everyone, just curious if anyone else has experienced a new bizhub c658 having issues with fuser assembly not coming on. I've checked the loop sensor, checked all connectors and made sure wiring harnesses are secure/ reseated. The paper makes it up to the fuser but either its not coming on or its turning too slow. Is there a test procedure you can perform to check certain items and see if they are fully funtional? Thanks in advanced.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    brand new c658 jamming out of the box

Re: brand new c658 jamming out of the box

Is it jamming on prints, copies or both?

What paper size? Is the machine configured for LTR paper, but the print job showing A4?

What's the jam code?

...this information might be helpful...

JParkey01

Jam code is 30-30 which is at 2nd transfer unit. I've checked the settings and confirmed its set up for plain paper(which I'm using), 8.5x 11 paper is used, machine identifies and confirms the size paper.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    brand new c658 jamming out of the box

I'd go into Service Mode, click "State Confirmation" and then click "Sensor Check", and see if all the offending sensors are functioning as they should.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Is it making it past the nip of the fuser and getting to the next roller, first roller of the exit section, and stopping? If so check the clutch that operates the exit section. Had one with a loose wire that a tech was fighting for 6 months. The code never refers to this clutch, but the clutch drove the roller that the lead edge was stopping at.

Technician

Is packing material removed from transfer roller and is transfer roller seated correctly? If packing material was removed incorrectly the transfer roller can be not seated correctly causing jams.

Technician

Can try running the load check on the fuser related motors to see if they are all functioning correctly

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JParkey01 View Post
    Hello everyone, just curious if anyone else has experienced a new bizhub c658 having issues with fuser assembly not coming on. I've checked the loop sensor, checked all connectors and made sure wiring harnesses are secure/ reseated. The paper makes it up to the fuser but either its not coming on or its turning too slow. Is there a test procedure you can perform to check certain items and see if they are fully funtional? Thanks in advanced.
    Hi guys, I have the same problem! My customer has 4 of these piece of junk Bizhub C658 and 2 of them are always jamming in the fuser/exit section. I just don't think its any lose cluch wire. Fuser drive unit part number is A79JR71633 and neither ARC or Precision Roller has ever even sold one! Also, I would think twice before I would go cutting any exit unit springs in half! That's crazy! Also, Konica Minolta claims this fuser is rated for 1 million copies! YEAH SURE!

Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    Is it making it past the nip of the fuser and getting to the next roller, first roller of the exit section, and stopping? If so check the clutch that operates the exit section. Had one with a loose wire that a tech was fighting for 6 months. The code never refers to this clutch, but the clutch drove the roller that the lead edge was stopping at.
    Acording to the service manual theres cluches cl5 and cl 8. One drives the fuser and the other drives the transport belt. It says nothing about it driving any exit rollers. These cluches use a 2 prong connector and ive never seen one lose in 20 years. Anything is possible I know but im just debating if I should tear half this machine apart to check a cluch. I have 2 of these C658's and both jam at/ or just after the fuser. Acordian type jam. In other words it seems to make it thru the fuser and then jams. These jams also seem to cut the upper fuser roller. Replaced it twice already at 500.00 each! This copier sucks compared to the previous model C654 that never jams! Better get a Canon instead!

Quote Originally Posted by JParkey01 View Post
    Jam code is 30-30 which is at 2nd transfer unit. I've checked the settings and confirmed its set up for plain paper(which I'm using), 8.5x 11 paper is used, machine identifies and confirms the size paper.
    That sensor code and sensor check isn't going to tell you jack. These C658's jam at the fuser and exit section like crazy and nobody has an answer for it. In my opinion the C658 is a piece of junk! The C654 is twice as heavy duty and almost never jams! Anyway, heres the Part number to the fuser drive unit which in fact doesn't even pop up on google. A79JR71633. My guess is that these new style fuser drive units are garbage. Just a guess.