Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DI5510 question

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    DI5510 question

Re: DI5510 question

So you are saying the "E" 46-01 is same as "SC" 46-01? It's been awhile but I thought the SC codes were for the controller. When I looked up the code and saw the "E"46-01 you posted about I seemed to recall some SC & E codes that were the same and the SC were for the controller. Actually back in the day there was a controller code the same as an E code I couldn't find in the manual and had to look in the PI7200e manual to find out what it was. I'm almost certain I have replaced the hdd for SC codes. Now you got me thinking, I will check with my friend at K/M just out of curiosity. I probably have the codes wrong but think there are some SC codes for the controller that as same # as E codes. Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you for all of this help. Most of my 30+ year career has been spent servicing hi volume Xerox machines. The KM mid volume boxes just filled the gaps and I never serviced more than one of any particular model, so my learning curve outlasts the machines! Does intermittent blank prints with no code narrow down the possibilities? When the write unit fails, are the prints blank? Most of the machines I've worked on over the years print black when the laser doesn't fire.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    DI5510 question

Laser failure would produce blank pages. Not black. Could be getting closer to the fix which is similar to what syn posted. Write unit failure would be 1st place I would look.

Even after I pulled my last two of these toner pigs out of service they are still haunting me. They got me with the confusion about the error codes.

I have to get these out of my shop as soon as possible, they are possessed !!!! Ha-ha

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    DI5510 question

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    So you are saying the "E" 46-01 is same as "SC" 46-01? It's been awhile but I thought the SC codes were for the controller. When I looked up the code and saw the "E"46-01 you posted about I seemed to recall some SC & E codes that were the same and the SC were for the controller. Actually back in the day there was a controller code the same as an E code I couldn't find in the manual and had to look in the PI7200e manual to find out what it was. I'm almost certain I have replaced the hdd for SC codes. Now you got me thinking, I will check with my friend at K/M just out of curiosity. I probably have the codes wrong but think there are some SC codes for the controller that as same # as E codes. Thanks for the clarification.
    there absolutely are SC codes that are related to the controller, just not this one.
    this is where konica was first in bed with minolta and there was a lot of confusion about the code scheme, there was a bit switch where you change sw 11-3 and this is what it did...

SC/E code screen switchover Switched Not switched (All are F codes) 0 0 0

i mean how convoluted was that? is it a code? a jam? WTF? e/f/sc all codes for various items and it never made sense. at least jams were still a J.
    the whole 36/25/47 thing was a bit too much too.
    i didnt mean to sound like a smart-ass in case you took it that way, it just reminded me of the 5 year period i was servicing these menaces before the code/service mode thing was finally back to J for jam C for code and there was 1 service mode not 3.

the developer gear that strips, the fuser nightmares... BLECCH!! im getting chills just thinking about it.

We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

You east coast guys have been a world of help!! Any time you have questions about Xerox Docutech/6135/6180/4135/4635 I will drop what I'm doing to help you out!!

Thank you!!!!!

PS: Frank, it's sounding like I'm gonna be needing a part(s) from your machine. My guess would be the write unit 4396-1239-01 since it throws the code, or works, or prints blanks. I'm thinking it's more likely than a power problem or board issue. Would you agree?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

code means I have reached my life -- let me retire in peace - send me to the scrap metal merchant and before I die tell my owner to stop being a miser and upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder View Post
    code means I have reached my life -- let me retire in peace - send me to the scrap metal merchant and before I die tell my owner to stop being a miser and upgrade!
    LOL! Great response!! Fortunately (or unfortunately) it's working great now, so I'll have to convince them to get rid of it when they contact me in another 6 months. This beast was near end of life when I first started servicing it 12 years ago!