Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip

    mrfuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Power
    0

    C552 imaging units have no chip

    Client has a very low count c552 that is showing replace CMY imaging units. I thought we had turned off the notification before it asked for them; but it still shows up for some reason. I was going to replace the chip says the quality is perfect on them but when I took them apart there are no imaging unit chips in these imaging units . Anyone know how to turn off that message when you have this type of imaging unit?


  2. #2
    Field Service Engineer 2,500+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: C552 imaging units have no chip

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Client has a very low count c552 that is showing replace CMY imaging units. I thought we had turned off the notification before it asked for them; but it still shows up for some reason. I was going to replace the chip says the quality is perfect on them but when I took them apart there are no imaging unit chips in these imaging units . Anyone know how to turn off that message when you have this type of imaging unit?
    The image units dont have chips from new, you say this is a low count machine most likely still have the original units.

    No need to waste money on chips, just update the firmware & change the CE mode settings as per the bulletin & no more replace IU, ITB & fuser messages.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip

    Synthohol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    north jersey
    Posts
    1,662
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: C552 imaging units have no chip

    Please consider contributing to this site if you want me to share files for free.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip

    mrfuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: C552 imaging units have no chip

    Thanks but these units have no chip as I stated in the beginning


  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: C552 imaging units have no chip

    Synthohol gave you good advice and even took the time to provide a picture. Not sure what you don't understand. The connector is the chip, plain & simple. If there was no chip machine would have messg to install IU's.


  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip

    mrfuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: C552 imaging units have no chip

    Hi copyman, his pic is of a standard iu chip, easy enough. Our IU (cmy) do not have a chip in them just wiring as apparently new IU have. Was just trying to see how to reset without having to go the firmware route.


  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: C552 imaging units have no chip

    Sorry I didn't look at pic. Forgot the C552 used a small circuit board as the chip. If you take cover off IU's you will see where they go. Like I said if there were no chips on IU's messg on display would say to install not replace.


  8. #8
    Field Service Engineer 2,500+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: C552 imaging units have no chip

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    Hi copyman, his pic is of a standard iu chip, easy enough. Our IU (cmy) do not have a chip in them just wiring as apparently new IU have. Was just trying to see how to reset without having to go the firmware route.
    Waste your money on chips!

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip

    mrfuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: C552 imaging units have no chip

    Copyman, trust me on this. There are NO chips on these. Apparently starter iuís did not have chips.



    Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Sorry I didn't look at pic. Forgot the C552 used a small circuit board as the chip. If you take cover off IU's you will see where they go. Like I said if there were no chips on IU's messg on display would say to install not replace.



  10. #10
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C552 imaging units have no chip

    mrfuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: C552 imaging units have no chip

    love to, but there are no original chips to replace so how would I replace them?

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Waste your money on chips!



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •