C3350 error C151

Hi Guys

Please assist me with this error code C151 (ROM contents error upon startup).
    I can access the service mode but I'm unable to re-write the firmware.The machine starts reading firmware file & then just freezes on that screen.
    Tried a Trouble reset under the Extra Service Mode , disconnected HDD & fax board with no joy.

I ordered a new SSD but when I installed it , the machine only boots up to the Konica Minolta screen.

I've now ordered a new MFP board but the e.t.a is 3 to 4 weeks.

Does anyone know of a way to repair / re-flash the MFP board?

Kind regards

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    C3350 error C151

Re: C3350 error C151

did you try installing the sub firmware first in "drive:/firmware/***.prn"?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did you disconnect the memory chip and try? This series has a known bad chip.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    This series has a known bad chip.
    But yet, EEPROM cannot be purchased separately, only with a board.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Not the EEPROM, the RAM chip Uk211

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    did you try installing the sub firmware first in "drive:/firmware/***.prn"?
    Hi. Thanks for replying. Yes I have tried the Sub Firmware first (CntUpA3GN30G0803-899.prn) , I've also tried a different memory stick.

The only way to get back into service mode is to fit the customers original SSD back & switch the machine on .The machine will start up & then display the C-151 error. From this screen , I can access the service mode & with my usb stick already inserted , attempt to flash the Sub firmware file. As soon as I press the Start button , the LED on my memory stick will start flashing as if the data on it is being read by the machine. After about 5 flashes from the LED on my memory stick,the touch screen becomes unresponsive & the machine never enters the normal firmware re-writing screen.

With the new SSD installed , the machine only boots up the Konica Minolta Screen & sits there for the rest of the day.

I've printed out a SoftSw list & Engine DipSW list from a working C3350 to compare to my faulty machine & ensured that all settings are the same , but still no joy.

I still get a C-151 with the customers original SSD & when fitting a new SSD , the machine only boots to the Konica Minolta screen.

I've done a trouble reset each time I attempt to re-write the firmware.

I'm running out of ideas & have to wait another 3 weeks before my new MFP boards arrive.

Is there any other way re-write the firmware on this device?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mo0651 View Post
    Did you disconnect the memory chip and try? This series has a known bad chip.
    Hi there.

My machine does not have an Extension Memory module installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordi View Post
    Hi. Thanks for replying. Yes I have tried the Sub Firmware first (CntUpA3GN30G0803-899.prn) , I've also tried a different memory stick.

The only way to get back into service mode is to fit the customers original SSD back & switch the machine on .The machine will start up & then display the C-151 error. From this screen , I can access the service mode & with my usb stick already inserted , attempt to flash the Sub firmware file. As soon as I press the Start button , the LED on my memory stick will start flashing as if the data on it is being read by the machine. After about 5 flashes from the LED on my memory stick,the touch screen becomes unresponsive & the machine never enters the normal firmware re-writing screen.

With the new SSD installed , the machine only boots up the Konica Minolta Screen & sits there for the rest of the day.

I've printed out a SoftSw list & Engine DipSW list from a working C3350 to compare to my faulty machine & ensured that all settings are the same , but still no joy.

I still get a C-151 with the customers original SSD & when fitting a new SSD , the machine only boots to the Konica Minolta screen.

I've done a trouble reset each time I attempt to re-write the firmware.

I'm running out of ideas & have to wait another 3 weeks before my new MFP boards arrive.

Is there any other way re-write the firmware on this device?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys

Any help on this one will be greatly appreciated.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    C3350 error C151

Quote Originally Posted by Gordi View Post
    Hi Guys

Any help on this one will be greatly appreciated.
    Have you tried ISW to update firmware? It is in the service manual.

Technician

Talking Re: C3350 error C151

I know this is an old tread, but i would evenso reply on this,
    My experiance is that the SSD board is the solution for this problem, i use an SATA HDD duplicator and 2 SATA to MSATA convertor and i copy a working SSD unit to an other SSD unit, this has always works fine, i replace the SSD board and the one that has a problem i simply put on the data again using the duplicator, and that one is simply useble..