Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Drop the function version down by one level, restart, bring function version to current level (matched to installed f/w version), restart. This should allow you to access via PSWC. Emujo
    In the administrative system settings under the enhanced security setting, I get a blank screen, which is where I believe SSL setting resides... but it is blank!!!...and yes, I did try rolling the firmware back to the very first, but it didn't work.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

It's not firmware that's causing the issue, there is something corrupt or mismatched in your function version. This symptom happens frequently, usually changing the version and going back takes care of it...If you can print out a config page, does the page show Bizhub 552 or some other generic printer? E And BTW, you don't have a PSWC SSL error, this is the normal PSWC message for a machine without SSL enabled. It's just a warning message. Don't focus on this message. Emujo

It's not firmware that's causing the issue, there is something corrupt or mismatched in your function version. This symptom happens frequently, usually changing the version and going back takes care of it...If you can print out a config page, does the page show Bizhub 552 or some other generic printer? E And BTW, you don't have a PSWC SSL error, this is the normal PSWC message for a machine without SSL enabled. It's just a warning message. Don't focus on this message. Emujo
    I looked at the firmware notes and didn't see the usual list/table of what the bit switch should be in relation to the function & firmware versions. Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Service manual is lacking as to what specifically soft switch 25 should be set at, but there was only function versions 2 and 3. On the MFP panel, go into menu/device information. The function version should be listed here. There was no requirement to move to function version 3 with the latest firmware, so function version 2 should work either way.. If the device information field is blank or anything but version 2 or 3, you will have to try a few changes to soft switch 25 to get it correct. I would try HEX 10 or 20. Emujo

Service manual is lacking as to what specifically soft switch 25 should be set at, but there was only function versions 2 and 3. On the MFP panel, go into menu/device information. The function version should be listed here. There was no requirement to move to function version 3 with the latest firmware, so function version 2 should work either way.. If the device information field is blank or anything but version 2 or 3, you will have to try a few changes to soft switch 25 to get it correct. I would try HEX 10 or 20. Emujo
    HOLY CRAP!!! FIXED!!! Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!
    Bitswitch 25 = 10 !!!....it was originally set a 20 & showing v.3...now it's at 10 showing v.2!

Thanks emujo2!!!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

glad to hear it...Now sell them a new MFP..lol

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Excellentt techs we have here. Credits to all, especially emujo2 and B0265.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

glad to hear it...Now sell them a new MFP..lol
    I know it's old but we got these from an ended lease within our company, basically they'll be put out in the field as service exchange for some old ricoh/savin crap or sold low just to get the service clicks off of them!!! I came from the ricoh-savin darkside and am pretty satisfied with the KMBS stuff! Thanks Again for Your Help, emujo2!!!Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!