Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    618
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Drop the function version down by one level, restart, bring function version to current level (matched to installed f/w version), restart. This should allow you to access via PSWC. Emujo
    In the administrative system settings under the enhanced security setting, I get a blank screen, which is where I believe SSL setting resides... but it is blank!!!...and yes, I did try rolling the firmware back to the very first, but it didn't work.

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  2. #22
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    It's not firmware that's causing the issue, there is something corrupt or mismatched in your function version. This symptom happens frequently, usually changing the version and going back takes care of it...If you can print out a config page, does the page show Bizhub 552 or some other generic printer? E And BTW, you don't have a PSWC SSL error, this is the normal PSWC message for a machine without SSL enabled. It's just a warning message. Don't focus on this message. Emujo


  3. #23
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    618
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    It's not firmware that's causing the issue, there is something corrupt or mismatched in your function version. This symptom happens frequently, usually changing the version and going back takes care of it...If you can print out a config page, does the page show Bizhub 552 or some other generic printer? E And BTW, you don't have a PSWC SSL error, this is the normal PSWC message for a machine without SSL enabled. It's just a warning message. Don't focus on this message. Emujo
    I looked at the firmware notes and didn't see the usual list/table of what the bit switch should be in relation to the function & firmware versions. Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  4. #24
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    Service manual is lacking as to what specifically soft switch 25 should be set at, but there was only function versions 2 and 3. On the MFP panel, go into menu/device information. The function version should be listed here. There was no requirement to move to function version 3 with the latest firmware, so function version 2 should work either way.. If the device information field is blank or anything but version 2 or 3, you will have to try a few changes to soft switch 25 to get it correct. I would try HEX 10 or 20. Emujo


  5. #25
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    618
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Service manual is lacking as to what specifically soft switch 25 should be set at, but there was only function versions 2 and 3. On the MFP panel, go into menu/device information. The function version should be listed here. There was no requirement to move to function version 3 with the latest firmware, so function version 2 should work either way.. If the device information field is blank or anything but version 2 or 3, you will have to try a few changes to soft switch 25 to get it correct. I would try HEX 10 or 20. Emujo
    HOLY CRAP!!! FIXED!!! Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!
    Bitswitch 25 = 10 !!!....it was originally set a 20 & showing v.3...now it's at 10 showing v.2!

    Thanks emujo2!!!

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

  6. #26
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    glad to hear it...Now sell them a new MFP..lol


  7. #27
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    Excellentt techs we have here. Credits to all, especially emujo2 and B0265.

    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

  8. #28
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Meridian, MS
    Posts
    618
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    glad to hear it...Now sell them a new MFP..lol
    I know it's old but we got these from an ended lease within our company, basically they'll be put out in the field as service exchange for some old ricoh/savin crap or sold low just to get the service clicks off of them!!! I came from the ricoh-savin darkside and am pretty satisfied with the KMBS stuff! Thanks Again for Your Help, emujo2!!!Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!Kmbs 552 pagescope ssl error!

    Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •