Dead control panel bizhub c224e

Hi guys, please help, i'm stuck. I have a C224e with dead
    control panel. No leds, no signs of life whatsoever. The leds from the mfpb are also dead. Changed the power supply, found that the old one was fine. Tried other rams, still dead. Disconected the hdd, disconected the panel cable from mfpb, nothing. When powering, there are some fans and motors that work. The processor heatsink is pretty hot after ten minutes but it's fan doesn't work. I inserted a usb memory stick with C224e firmware: the led from the memory stick is off, no blink, nothing. I guess I'll have to replace the mfpb, but I want to try everything else before because it will be better for the client to buy another machine than a new mfpb.
    Thanks for any answer!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Dead control panel bizhub c224e

Quote Originally Posted by the_teck View Post
    Hi guys, please help, i'm stuck. I have a C224e with dead
    control panel. No leds, no signs of life whatsoever. The leds from the mfpb are also dead. Changed the power supply, found that the old one was fine. Tried other rams, still dead. Disconected the hdd, disconected the panel cable from mfpb, nothing. When powering, there are some fans and motors that work. The processor heatsink is pretty hot after ten minutes but it's fan doesn't work. I inserted a usb memory stick with C224e firmware: the led from the memory stick is off, no blink, nothing. I guess I'll have to replace the mfpb, but I want to try everything else before because it will be better for the client to buy another machine than a new mfpb.
    Thanks for any answer!
    C224e is low end junk anyway! How many clicks on that mfp? You probably best upsell them to an 8-Series that's more mid-size! More robust!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I disagree with the C224e as being "junk". I have found it to be very reliable as are most Kon/Min low to mid volume models.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I agree ,i would consider to change mfpb only if machine is low clicks and very good condition,better to sell new one,if they dont do much prints and not demanding C227 can do the job.
    About C224e,it was most selled mfp ever i think in my region and people still use them very much
    I was on one of these and it have about 270k (220k color) prints and never nothing has been replaced except oem toners from begining.
    Today she got new tray 1 rollers replaced , and she was happy.
    I am going to try to convince them to replace drum units,machine would be excited if that happens

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Toxic made my point. Not many machines out there that could go 270k without a service call.......End user not "forced" to buy expensive image, developer units, etc. Heck they can even dump the waste box!

When delivering the machine stress to the end user importance of OEM toners only! Try and remember their name because it will be a long time before you will see them again

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

@copyman
    Exactly point to my case with this speciific machine i already mention.
    But it was nice to spent some time with nice girl working there and after work,testing machineis working ok offcourse.
    And yes,she know how to dump waste toner box

Ps:We are little offtopic...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Had c224e get whacked by lightening, not on surge protector. Stole the MFB from a freight damaged machine I paid $200 for. Used RESET TAR file on thumb drive to boot up the donor board at first boot. Followed procedure with RESET TAR file. Machine pulled ser# & meters over. All good, didn't even have to set up again as new.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    C224e is low end junk anyway! How many clicks on that mfp? You probably best upsell them to an 8-Series that's more mid-size! More robust!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I prefer the Cxx4e engine since the drums last much longer so in average I get less calls. Had electrical/board/hdd/ssd issues with both series every now and then (mostly no big deals).