Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Di-183 strange problem

Di-183 strange problem

Ha-ha I know i can't believe it either. An "old" customer called who I haven't heard from in at least 5 years. This normally would of been an account I would have called to upgrade but office is on 3rd floor in a house so left it alone!

Anyway customer said they had a ADF jam and after removing paper machine is doing strange things like feeding blanks by itself without customer doing anything. exp lamp will go back and forth. Control panel is unresponsive. If they turn it off, unplug it for a few mins and turn back on it will all be normal until they make one copy then it starts all over again. A few times it started spitting out blanks as soon as they turn it back on. Weird stuff. I used to work on a lot of these but been a long time, don't remember anything like this.

I had them look at the start & other buttons for being stuck but they said all look good. I was trying to avoid going into Philadelphia but may have to go check this out myself....

Thanks for the help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Di-183 strange problem

Have similar problem few times on Bizhub 163 and it was bad "start" microswitch.
    Usually when that is problem you can not feel microswitch to click on touch,its like microswitch is not there and if measure with multimeter is shows some resistance without microswitch pressed.
    I remember i was desoldering this microswitches from some old di152,b160 panel and replace them on 163 panel,they was much better quality then on b163.

Technician
    Di-183 strange problem

[QUOTE=copyman;700166]Ha-ha I know i can't believe it either. An "old" customer called who I haven't heard from in at least 5 years. This normally would of been an account I would have called to upgrade but office is on 3rd floor in a house so left it alone!

Anyway customer said they had a ADF jam and after removing paper machine is doing strange things like feeding blanks by itself without customer doing anything. exp lamp will go back and forth. Control panel is unresponsive. If they turn it off, unplug it for a few mins and turn back on it will all be normal until they make one copy then it starts all over again. A few times it started spitting out blanks as soon as they turn it back on. Weird stuff.

Very spooky stuff, I wouldn’t go there, may not come out alive!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Di-183 strange problem

Hey t85, now that you mention it the house is from the 1700's and kind of spooky. Maybe I'll do the service call on Halloween.

Technician
    Di-183 strange problem

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Hey t85, now that you mention it the house is from the 1700's and kind of spooky. Maybe I'll do the service call on Halloween.
    You're a lot braver than me, copyman!!! If we never hear from you again after the service call there, who should we contact? RIP brother...