Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician

Re: Black trails, dirty aspect : cyan’s or black Image Unit problem ? Or other ?

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    The corona is not available for replacement if its damaged then the drum unit needs to be replaced.
    Also if you do get the drum, blade and developer you will need the reset chips to clear the counters and to initialize the developer.

The attached pictures do not bode well, I think I will have to resign myself.corona1.jpgcorona2.jpg
    No, I'm not a technician.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: Black trails, dirty aspect : cyan’s or black Image Unit problem ? Or other ?

Quote Originally Posted by AngélC552KM View Post
    Good morning, everyone,

It escaped me, but the report on the lifetime of consumables presents some puzzles that you may be able to solve.

If you are kind enough to take a look at the attached files, could you tell me why the device does not tell me (00/00/0000) the estimated end of life of the black drum and ozone filter?

Maybe I need to change the black drum but how can I be sure it's not a developer or chip problem?

Thank you and I hope to see you later,
    Angelique

Attachment 41004Attachment 41005Attachment 41006
    The reason why the K drum doesn't indicate a "yield prediction date" is possibly because it hasn't done enough prints to work it out yet...once you've carried out a few more, you'll probably see it change
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    The reason why the K drum doesn't indicate a "yield prediction date" is possibly because it hasn't done enough prints to work it out yet...once you've carried out a few more, you'll probably see it change
    Is it possible that on one side the black drum has not turned enough so that the machine does not yet detect its "end of life" and on the other side it is already dead ?

U r AN ANGEL Buddy....
    Get a Katun C451 Black drum rebuild kit, will work for C552 also and replace everything in kit.
    For the developer you can try DV114. It works.
    Refer to SM for PH removal and clean it with soft cloth, clean laser windows (4) with alcohol. Install new K drum kit and developer. Check if u can find replacement drums for all 3 colors along with IU reset chips.
    Hopefully u can make the machine to work.
    Lastly my advise , again, get a tech do it for you.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    U r AN ANGEL Buddy....
    Get a Katun C451 Black drum rebuild kit, will work for C552 also and replace everything in kit.
    For the developer you can try DV114. It works.
    Refer to SM for PH removal and clean it with soft cloth, clean laser windows (4) with alcohol. Install new K drum kit and developer. Check if u can find replacement drums for all 3 colors along with IU reset chips.
    Hopefully u can make the machine to work.
    Lastly my advise , again, get a tech do it for you.
    Zesti,

You will have guessed that there is a good chance that no technician will ever touch MY machine. Either it survives my maneuvers, or I'll sell it for cutting.
    You will be the only ones to touch it...with your eyes, and you are a huge help to me.

I repeat myself, but thank you very much.
    I'll look for the references you're talking about and see if I can afford this.
    I will clean the PH unit once I have everything in my possession.

To your health!
    Angelique