Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Black trails, dirty aspect : cyan’s or black Image Unit problem ? Or other ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zesti View Post
    Angel,
    How much tech experience you have on KM's?
    It's a good practice on these machines to take out the PH unit completely and clean it thoroughly.
    If there is developer spewing, you need to put new developer unit and K drum. The C unit pron to problem due to K unit toner scattering.
    I started with you when I sent my first message a few weeks ago. But thanks to you, I'm taking big steps and I can see myself going to look for PHunit where it is!
    But first, if I understood correctly, I have to change the whole UI-K and it's going to cost me an arm! I saw that we could find spare parts or remanufactured, what do you think about this? Have you already tried?

Zesti, I'd like to understand your last sentence:
    "The C unit pron to problem due to K unit toner scattering."
    Does il mean the Cyan unit actually has no problem ? everything would come from the K unit?

Thank you very much,
    Angelique

Technician

Re: Black trails, dirty aspect : cyan’s or black Image Unit problem ? Or other ?

Good morning, everyone,

It escaped me, but the report on the lifetime of consumables presents some puzzles that you may be able to solve.

If you are kind enough to take a look at the attached files, could you tell me why the device does not tell me (00/00/0000) the estimated end of life of the black drum and ozone filter?

Maybe I need to change the black drum but how can I be sure it's not a developer or chip problem?

Thank you and I hope to see you later,
    Angelique

Angél-vie conso1'.jpgAngél-vie conso2.jpgAngél-vie conso3.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

well k drum, toner filter and ozone filter all get done at same time. so id just say going off the toner filter your k drum will be at life mid 2022

Technician

I find it strange that the machine does not detect the service life of the black drum or ozone filter. I wonder if this is not a microchip problem.

But given the head of the black drum, I'm afraid I'll have to replace it.
    I took a few pictures if any of you ever have an idea.

Angeliquedrum trails.jpgdevelopper1.jpgdevelopper2.jpgunder IU K.jpg

Looks like drum dev and blade job. Check the corona for problems.
    Whatever

Technician

[QUOTE=allan;709667]Looks like drum dev and blade job. Check the corona for problems.[/QUOTE

I can locate the corona, but can you tell me how to check it?

If you are experienced on detailed service you should know where to look and what to look for. Order the original drum and dev unit and you will have joy.

Is it clean and undamaged?
    Whatever

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    If you are experienced on detailed service you should know where to look and what to look for. Order the original drum and dev unit and you will have joy.

Is it clean and undamaged?
    I'm just starting out completely, but don't despair.
    I don't have time today, but I'll try to find that corona tomorrow.
    If it is dirty and damaged, would it be enough to change it?
    Thank you very much,
    Angel

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    IMPO, get 4 IUs and a transfer belt and roller.
    then calibrate.
    its a bit of an investment but worth it when you get 100k or more with no image issues.
    dont put a bandaid on a broken arm, replace the consumables and enjoy.
    Thank you Synthohol, but I won't be able to acquire all these elements. Might as well resell the finishing unit and the large capacity bin to recover my costs....
    You may be right, but I registered on this forum not only to save on expensive repairs but also to learn as much as possible by myself with your help.

I may have made a mistake but please consider that I will contribute to this site if I succeed.

The corona is not available for replacement if its damaged then the drum unit needs to be replaced.
    Also if you do get the drum, blade and developer you will need the reset chips to clear the counters and to initialize the developer.
    Whatever