bizhub c250 c4554 code

I cannot find what a c 4554 code is. any help? thanks,chris

Here you go

Subject:
    C455x shortly after power up.
    Description:
    C455x shortly after power up.
    Solution:

CAUSE: Failed laser unit (C4551 - Cyan; C4552 - Magenta; C4553 - Yellow; C4554 - Black).

SOLUTION: To confirm the failure of one of the laser units, perform the following:
    1. Power the copier OFF and remove the power cord from the wall.
    2. Switch the position of the laser unit with one of the other laser units.
    3. Plug in the power cord and power the copier ON.
    4. The failure code should change dependent upon the new location. Replace the laser unit as necessary.
    MODEL PART NUMBER
    C250 4039 R713 00

I have the same problem too today,with c 4452.Replace the laser unit is the only solution?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    As far as I know the only thing to do is to replace the laser units. We have had laser failures on 4 machines (C203&C253) the last month.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    We replace laser units very often. This problem is more frequent with c203, c253. When you order new PH unit you will get 4 lasers. You shouldn't change all the 4 units. Only the wrong one.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    try replacing the MFPB board if laser code returns after fitting new unit

I have 2 machines giving this code But only when it,s very cold as the day warms up they start working again, I,m guessing its just condensation but if you split the lazer open all the mirrors look okay any ideas.

There is a problem with C203/252/353 lazer units, especially if its been cold or damp ( anywhere in the UK then.....) It is being investigated in Japan.
    We must have changed about 10 lazers so far. if the machine is out of warrenty we only change the faulty unit, if its in warrenty we have to change all 4 to claim back the money.

eckoprint

Bizhub c253 C455x code

Hello

I have the same problem with a different machine. OK.. they say to change the laser unit. BUT... Konika Minolta has this laser unit problem worldwide and here in Romania the laser units are hard to get. I tryed for 2 times to change the laser units from other Bizhub c253 and still.. the error still appears especially in the morning. After a while in starts. But this after 1 hour of trying to start the machine. And then it works fine. Untill the machinde gests cold. So.. I changed the laser heads and i still get the error code.

What to do? Is the condensation the REAL problem?

why lasear heads which worked on the original bizhub, when i install them on mine, fail? Is this due to transport?

I understood that Konica Minolta has fixed this problem with the recent buid lasers. BUT.. as i was saying, i ordered them for 2 months or so.. and still didn`t arrive.

I HAVE to find something to fix the problem. Please help.

Thank you

The easy fix is to get the customer to leave the machine ON day and night. I,ve done the same as you. In the end i got new lasers which have cured my problem, but do make sure you set up the machines correctly after fitting the new lasers. played about with lasers in the work shop, stripped and cleaned everything but still could not get to the bottom of this problem ?????/