Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: BizHub C554 paper jam at fuser exit

Quote Originally Posted by 3ktlc View Post
    Check the registration rollers and bushings. Had a couple jamming in the fuser. Turned out to be the bushings.
    Thank you 3ktlc! I went thru that entire section and made sure everything was moving easily and properly...I am further investigating cl8! I have a feeling that is where my troubles are but have another machine im working on that is desperately needed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    BizHub C554 paper jam at fuser exit

Quote Originally Posted by printprocc View Post
    Thank you 3ktlc! I went thru that entire section and made sure everything was moving easily and properly...I am further investigating cl8! I have a feeling that is where my troubles are but have another machine im working on that is desperately needed.

The 30-03 is clutch CL8. Have one on hand before you disassemble. It will take a bit of work. And make sure that you change the correct clutch. There are two clutches in the exit unit. =^..^=

CL8_1.JPGCL8_2.JPG
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The 30-03 is clutch CL8. Have one on hand before you disassemble. It will take a bit of work. And make sure that you change the correct clutch. There are two clutches in the exit unit. =^..^=

CL8_1.JPGCL8_2.JPG
    Ok so this HAS to be the problem...I did find a lot of what looks like iron oxide debris so this is at least a good start. Also looks like somebody but grease all over this at some point..SMH.... I will order a clutch today and update this thread next week.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. Somebody gave CL8 an oil bath once it had rusted. That always makes magnetic clutches work better (NOT!!)
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Hello everyone. Just wanted to chime in and thank you ALL for the valuable input given. My issue was indeed cl8 and it has been replaced and the machine is up and running!
    As always you've all provided exceptional insight and I am grateful!

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post

CL8_1.JPGCL8_2.JPG
    Did my first one the other day on a C454e (the very first one in our service department, in fact) and had to take a clutch off another machine to get the customer's working. I was dreading it after reading your detailed instructions from the pdf a few weeks ago. Turns out it's really not that bad and I believe I can now do a clutch swap of CL8 in a half hour or less. I found numerous shortcuts in my initial foray into this task and several more when the new clutch I installed in the donor machine, squeaked. Had to take it apart again and learned some more valuable info to shorten the process. I wonder if I should start a thread on how to quickly replace one of these clutches. Anyway, just thought I'd throw in my .02 worth on the CL8 replacement saga.

Geez, I wish they would actually make the clutch much higher quality knowing they have issues. Even the newest clutch isn't made any better than the original one.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Did my first one the other day on a C454e (the very first one in our service department, in fact) and had to take a clutch off another machine to get the customer's working. I was dreading it after reading your detailed instructions from the pdf a few weeks ago. Turns out it's really not that bad and I believe I can now do a clutch swap of CL8 in a half hour or less. I found numerous shortcuts in my initial foray into this task and several more when the new clutch I installed in the donor machine, squeaked. Had to take it apart again and learned some more valuable info to shorten the process. I wonder if I should start a thread on how to quickly replace one of these clutches. Anyway, just thought I'd throw in my .02 worth on the CL8 replacement saga.

Geez, I wish they would actually make the clutch much higher quality knowing they have issues. Even the newest clutch isn't made any better than the original one.
    Yea I was thinking that clutch was going to be at least 1 hr job. Can you remember and share any of the shortcuts? Since I have more than one hundred 4 series in service I will be replacing some of these clutches sooner or later, hopefully later!
    Guess I'm still spooked from the "3" series models. Dreaded working on the rear and having to take the rear cage off, then the main drive unit, etc, etc, just to replace motors. Found a few shortcuts but not many, one of my shortcuts was leaving half the screws out! Ridiculous how many screws the Japs use. Think they are still "screwing" us from WWII

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Yea I was thinking that clutch was going to be at least 1 hr job. Can you remember and share any of the shortcuts? Since I have more than one hundred 4 series in service I will be replacing some of these clutches sooner or later, hopefully later!
    Guess I'm still spooked from the "3" series models. Dreaded working on the rear and having to take the rear cage off, then the main drive unit, etc, etc, just to replace motors. Found a few shortcuts but not many, one of my shortcuts was leaving half the screws out! Ridiculous how many screws the Japs use. Think they are still "screwing" us from WWII
    Check your PM. Didn't want the short, relatively easy instructions here for the whole world to see, potentially allowing someone to not hire a tech.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech51 View Post
    It’s either clutch8 or the print control board. Had both these parts cause this issue at various times.
    Yes, its clutch cl8

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    Check your PM. Didn't want the short, relatively easy instructions here for the whole world to see, potentially allowing someone to not hire a tech.
    Can I steal that PDF from you? Had a CL8 in my car for a while and looks like I'll need it on an upcoming call. Its a 554 but figure it'll be practically the same. Expecting a ton of rust