Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airprint/Mopria

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Airprint/Mopria

This is probably a really stupid question.....my IT/network knowledge isn't brilliant
    We've got a customer with a C308, Airprint & Mopria are both turned on, but no one can see the printer on any iphone or android device.... but everyone can print wirelessly to the C308 on their macs & windows pcs....what am i missing.....if I go on the KM app on my phone and input the IP of the bizhub on their wi-fi, I can't find it, but the customers are using the IP to print from their macs & pcs
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Airprint/Mopria

This may not apply in your case, but to use AirPrint or/and Mopria, it may be necessary to update the device firmware.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts
    Airprint/Mopria

Are the devices logged on to the wireless network? If not that's your answer.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Airprint/Mopria

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    This may not apply in your case, but to use AirPrint or/and Mopria, it may be necessary to update the device firmware.
    The 8 series have AirPrint enabled by default.

AirPrint can be a bit tempermental especially on a large scale network phones/ipads need to be on same network as the copier.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    Are the devices logged on to the wireless network? If not that's your answer.
    that's what's confusing me, they are printing wirelessly to using the MFPs IP address....it's a hub where it's based, so they have different people coming in and using their network, because, apparently, it's a lot of hassle to download the print drivers and connecting via the IP, they want their clients to be able to use airprint for their MACs....
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

In some cases, some large networks have IP redirection. A problem could be the firewall if it is present.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Airprint/Mopria

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    that's what's confusing me, they are printing wirelessly to using the MFPs IP address....it's a hub where it's based, so they have different people coming in and using their network, because, apparently, it's a lot of hassle to download the print drivers and connecting via the IP, they want their clients to be able to use airprint for their MACs....
    The AirPort express is ideal for that, this will give the mac users AirPrint access.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    If AirPrint is enabled on the C308 and you add it as a printer on a Mac computer, AirPrint is usually selected as default protocol.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

From manuals:
    https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C287-C227-UD/EN/contents/id08-_102039433.html#p-1

https://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/download/users-guide/airprint/pdf/AirPrint_guide_opg_1-6-1_eu.pdf

You need to set using Mopria/AirPrint to ON(default OFF).

Hope that helps.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    The 8 series have AirPrint enabled by default.

AirPrint can be a bit tempermental especially on a large scale network phones/ipads need to be on same network as the copier.
    Went to an "8" series machine today and it was not turned on by default. Just saying.