Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    rietzphone7

Konica Minolta bizhub 558 firmware

Can someone help me with the link to download firmware 558

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Konica Minolta bizhub 558 firmware

There is no "link" You either have to work for KM/KM dealer, or find someone willing to risk his job to give/sell you the firmware. If you are KM or dealer all firmware is available on the private KM site. Emujo

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    There is no "link" You either have to work for KM/KM dealer, or find someone willing to risk his job to give/sell you the firmware. If you are KM or dealer all firmware is available on the private KM site. Emujo
    Yeah, this is one of my biggest pet peeves about this site. I'm in my 30th year as a Legacy Minolta, now Konica Minolta service technician and every time I see someone on here say, "Donate to the site and I'll send it to you.", it drives me nuts. Nobody should be just giving out this type of info (including service manuals, IMO) because who knows what the person (tech or not, how do we really know?) is going to do with the files. What if they post it online for anybody to get, then all of our jobs are at risk because people will just go online to get stuff that we as technicians would normally have to do. I sure wish this type of activity would stop on this forum!

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

I know that was aimed at me so I will just say this, eventually they will find the manual somewhere from someone so since I see that as an opportunity to help this site grow and continue.
    I don't give out meter resetting info or files like some have done here.
    I get where you are coming from, I'm a 20 year minolta vet myself. You are the first person to take exception to my standing offer and unless the admin or mods ask me to stop I'd really like to continue helping perpetuate this site and hopefully become member supported so we don't have to see any stupid ads on this site. My ad blocker blocks on avg 4-25 popup ads and sidebar ads. It's disgusting and a site this good should not have to depend on ads to keep the site running.
    So please understand I mean you no disrespect. I don't ask for money for myself, I don't want to profit from it. I like to help people and give this site the boost it deserves.
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    Also don't ask me for files without a contributor badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthohol View Post
    I know that was aimed at me so I will just say this, eventually they will find the manual somewhere from someone so since I see that as an opportunity to help this site grow and continue.
    I don't give out meter resetting info or files like some have done here.
    I get where you are coming from, I'm a 20 year minolta vet myself. You are the first person to take exception to my standing offer and unless the admin or mods ask me to stop I'd really like to continue helping perpetuate this site and hopefully become member supported so we don't have to see any stupid ads on this site. My ad blocker blocks on avg 4-25 popup ads and sidebar ads. It's disgusting and a site this good should not have to depend on ads to keep the site running.
    So please understand I mean you no disrespect. I don't ask for money for myself, I don't want to profit from it. I like to help people and give this site the boost it deserves.
    Consider this....I have been told (not able to verify) that firmware you download from the KM site has some kind of masked identity tag embedded in it. If this is true, then the person you gave the firmware file to now has your ID in it. Not something I would want to worry about coming back to haunt me. I'm happy to give advice, and recommendations based on my experience with KMs, our solutions, and networking issues, but I agree that manuals, firmware, passwords, ect should be posted here. IMHO only..

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    what is the website where all these nasty firmware and bulletins are stored? can you share URL?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

story not ends here Sir, I have read about this site at copytechnet but unable to login.I know the reason. I am not authorized. I am not KM dealer but service provider. could not see technical bulletins, anyone can share his Login account?

Just PM me at "konicaminolta.best@gmail.com"
    i will keep it secret and use just for self-knowledge.

Many Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    story not ends here Sir, I have read about this site at copytechnet but unable to login.I know the reason. I am not authorized. I am not KM dealer but service provider. could not see technical bulletins, anyone can share his Login account?

Just PM me at "konicaminolta.best@gmail.com"
    i will keep it secret and use just for self-knowledge.

Many Thanks
    You've got to be kidding....For once I am really at a lack of words here..

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    what is the website where all these nasty firmware and bulletins are stored? can you share URL?
    you have to be a certified KM Tech.... you are asking a fellow tech to risk his employment? REALLY?
    if you are a Certified tech for KM ( or any brand ) you already have that info.