Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bizhub 3851FS

Bizhub 3851FS

I have a Bizhub C3851FS that is giving a jammed paper removal message after paper has completed the paper path. I updated the firmware and this problem no longer occurs, to my knowledge, but now the MFP states that there is an open compartment when there is not one. Also the mounting plate with finisher claws makes a horrible grinding noise when going back to home position.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 3851FS

Re: Bizhub 3851FS

Quote Originally Posted by Gina82 View Post
    I have a Bizhub C3851FS that is giving a jammed paper removal message after paper has completed the paper path. I updated the firmware and this problem no longer occurs, to my knowledge, but now the MFP states that there is an open compartment when there is not one. Also the mounting plate with finisher claws makes a horrible grinding noise when going back to home position.
    print or take a pic of error log and post it...

if you are getting a false jam ( what code? ) check sensors for proper operation..

what has been done to it?
    sounds like you have gearing probs in the finisher/exit areas.. but without error codes it will be hard to help you.
    did you CLEAN the unit during the service call? ( 1st thing you should ALWAYS DO! )
    life on parts?

get back to "Trouble Shooting 101"

I've replaced all parts that needed to be replaced, as well as updated the firmware to get rid of machine giving false jams, but now it says that there is an open compartment when there isn't one, as well as saying there is an original on the glass when there is not

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Bizhub 3851FS

I've replaced all parts that needed to be replaced, as well as updated the firmware to get rid of machine giving false jams, but now it says that there is an open compartment when there isn't one, as well as saying there is an original on the glass when there is not
    Then CLEARLY I would start with sensor and switch tests!

please post error log for further help.

I've printed a error protocol list and it printed off a sheet of paper that only has T:CNG and I did a sensor check and it printed off a blank sheet of paper

I ran a full self-diagnostic test and there was not a single N/G

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Woxner's Avatar

far as the noise goes there is a lubrication procedure for the finisher shafts. did you do all three pieces of the firmware

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

..now the MFP states that there is an open compartment when there is not one.
    Assuming all the compartments are shut, (no offense, we all make mistakes)is possible either the wrong firmware got loaded? Or loaded in the wrong order? I remember having a bizhub 950 giving an open ADF message because older firmware was loaded on top of newer firmware. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to load the wrong firmware in this day and age, but those do have an odd firmware update procedure. Double check you got the right files and in the right order.

Also the mounting plate with finisher claws makes a horrible grinding noise when going back to home position.

All I can say is something is out of sync, bound up, or broken. Those infernal finishers are not fun to take apart. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Woxner View Post
    far as the noise goes there is a lubrication procedure for the finisher shafts. did you do all three pieces of the firmware
    I only put one piece of firmware on the machine which updated the MFP controller and the fax board

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Assuming all the compartments are shut, (no offense, we all make mistakes)is possible either the wrong firmware got loaded? Or loaded in the wrong order? I remember having a bizhub 950 giving an open ADF message because older firmware was loaded on top of newer firmware. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to load the wrong firmware in this day and age, but those do have an odd firmware update procedure. Double check you got the right files and in the right order.

All I can say is something is out of sync, bound up, or broken. Those infernal finishers are not fun to take apart. Good luck!
    What order should the firmware be loaded in?