Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Konica Minolta C458 and Prox Cards

We just installed several C458 machines in a location where they all use Prox cards to gain access to the building. To simplify the authentication, account tracking and "ID & Print" processing, I proposed the idea of using the Prox cards they are already using to do all three.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to do this I will need the AU-205H, the correct driver (A7950Y0-A015-G00-A0_AU-205H) and the proper settings to connect the machines to Active Directory to authenticate the user based on the HEX data from the card?

I would love to be able to configure each machine the same way so that all users can use all machines without having to manage this at the machine level.

I appreciate any advice from those that have been down this road before.

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: Konica Minolta C458 and Prox Cards

we did it using the ysoft usb card readers & the ysoft driver on infohub, set authentication to card, then copied the settings from one machine to another via usb
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

How do you extract the HEX data from the Prox cards so it can be entered in to Active Directory. Isn't this how the server side authentication works? I read a document posted on this site that specifically references doing this on a C364e. The document I'm referencing is titled IC-Card_ProxC364e.pdf

Any help is appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

If you activate "LDAP IC Card Authentication" it's possible to allow card self-registration in the security settings.
    In this way if a user swipes an unregisterd card they register it themself by entering the AD crentials at the MFP.

Thanks for the tip B0265, but I don't see "self-registration" or "security settings" on PSWC. I have LDAP IC Card Authentication turned on. What am I missing?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    How do you extract the HEX data from the Prox cards so it can be entered in to Active Directory. Isn't this how the server side authentication works? I read a document posted on this site that specifically references doing this on a C364e. The document I'm referencing is titled IC-Card_ProxC364e.pdf

Any help is appreciated.
    You have it backwards...If you know the number in AD you need to parse the data on the reader to match what you see. This is done by connecting the reader to your laptop, loading the HID drivers, then using the web based tool to put the reader in keyboard wedge mode and removing un needed card info.

I'm making progress.

I have the reader connected to my laptop and was able to bring up the web interface of the OMNIKEY. I put the card in wedge mode and I can hear a beep when touching the card to the reader but nothing else happens. There must be something registered in the card because the machine will register the card locally, but I want to know what it's reading so that I can enter that in to AD. I get the idea of self-registration, but I don't see yet how to configure this.

Konica Minolta C458 and Prox Cards

If memory serves me well if it's in wedge mode and you put it on copier if your in a text box when you swipe card on reader it types the card data in text feild. This might give U The info you desire

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar

Thanks for the tip B0265, but I don't see "self-registration" or "security settings" on PSWC. I have LDAP IC Card Authentication turned on. What am I missing?
    1 - Allow-Card-Information-Registration.JPG

I'm making progress.

I have the reader connected to my laptop and was able to bring up the web interface of the OMNIKEY. I put the card in wedge mode and I can hear a beep when touching the card to the reader but nothing else happens. There must be something registered in the card because the machine will register the card locally, but I want to know what it's reading so that I can enter that in to AD. I get the idea of self-registration, but I don't see yet how to configure this.
    You have to have word or note pad opened when you swipe the badge..Reader is acting like a keyboard now. PM me and I will send you a basic 26 bit config file. This will parse out the facility code and all you should see when you swipe is the card ID#. This number is what already needs to be in AD (pager field I think). E