Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

Re: Transfer Roller damaged, damaging Drum Unit

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Been cutting transfer roller springs on the 283 machines to reduce the pressure of those stupid prongs on the transfer roller assay.
    Its a piece of plastic running against the drum. Even been cutting the inner one clean off. By clean i mean with a carpet knife so there is no sharp corners.
    Both tricks seems to work.

Then some machines have it and others don't. May be its how those parts come together.
    Squaring up the hinges, look for bent stuff.

That is really a good idea, but can you please tell me that if i cut that spring and lower the tension of transfer roller then why that spring is there? Did the Engineer of Designer/manufacturer was fool to put that spring there? The spring is just to provide tension so that paper touch the drum firmly and equal and even print transfer is done.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Actually there is no need for developing unit spacers to touch drum at worn area.
    Magnetic brush will do this damage due to rear distance to drum is narrowed.
    Do they use OEM toner? If not that may be the reason.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Actually there is no need for developing unit spacers to touch drum at worn area.
    Can't there be an obstacle in the drum's revolution before paper passes. A raised area or an object along the pathway of the drum's turning can as well cause this problem. Check any such probable obstacle.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Transfer Roller damaged, damaging Drum Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Can't there be an obstacle in the drum's revolution before paper passes. A raised area or an object along the pathway of the drum's turning can as well cause this problem. Check any such probable obstacle.

The usual problem is that the rear developer unit spacer wears down causing the space between the developer brush and drum surface to be reduced enough that the developer brush starts to wear down the drum coating until it begins to flake off the drum surface.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    They are using OEM toner, if not then how can using counterfeit toner affect drum from this side?
    I agree magnetic brush can damage due to narrowed distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    I have checked it.There is no such thing in the passage of paper. They are using paper in long edge (lengthwise).

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    They are using OEM toner, if not then how can using counterfeit toner affect drum from this side?
    I agree magnetic brush can damage due to narrowed distance.
    clearly by your questions:
    you are a newbie
    -=or=-
    you never worry about how things work... and just "go by the book"

go to your service manager demand he give you access to the sites you need.. if he refuses then you have two options Quit ot go above his head and complain to Owner. if you don't get issue resolved quit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This is very common on these machines. Those units will not last their life without the spacers with the bearing in them. You have the answers to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    The usual problem is that the rear developer unit spacer wears down causing the space between the developer brush and drum surface to be reduced enough that the developer brush starts to wear down the drum coating until it begins to flake off the drum surface.
    I totally agree with you and tsbservice in this regard. The worn spacer at the rear end is the reason. Why this spacer is worn out before time? The life of DV Tank is 590K? The spacer rotation is stiff? or it is just because that rear side is close to Gears assembly?

I will replace the DV tank or spacer somehow but i also want to fix the problem which is creating this mess. Damaging or wearing of Spacer. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    clearly by your questions:
    you are a newbie
    -=or=-
    you never worry about how things work... and just "go by the book"

go to your service manager demand he give you access to the sites you need.. if he refuses then you have two options Quit ot go above his head and complain to Owner. if you don't get issue resolved quit.
    I am a nerd as you can see. Thank you very much for helping me to resolve the issue. I will say i go by the book most of the time. I agree.